You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Clinical Nurse Coordinator, Bone Marrow Transplant (MedStar Georgetown) (Washington, DC)
Performs a variety of clinical and coordinating activities for the Bone Marrow Transplant Department at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, Lombardi Cancer Center. Helps develop, organize, and implement a survivorship clinic for patients who have completed curative oncology therapy within the guidelines of the American College of Surgeons/Commission on Cancer accreditation standards. This Coordinator facilitates timely access to practitioners, support programs, and resources for life after cancer treatment needs. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations of MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies procedures and standards.
- Monday - Friday, Day Shift
- 8am to 4:30pm
- Hybrid, some remote hours available
- Bachelor's degree BSN in Nursing required
- 1-2 years of relevant clinical experience required
- Ambulatory Care and Oncology experience preferred Licenses and Certifications
- OCN - Oncology Nurse Certification within 1 Year preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be responsible, reliable, organized, and have excellent interpersonal communication skills. Ability to work without direct supervision, remain flexible, and take initiative is vital. Experience working in electronic medical record. Experience with data collection preferred.
- Acts as a liaison between the survivorship program director, oncology physician team, survivorship clinician team and primary care provider(s) for patients who have completed curative cancer therapies. Provides direct and indirect care to patients and families and objectively and systematically evaluates the quality and appropriateness of care delivery.
- Responsible for the support and development of the Survivorship Clinic and activities that support the survivorship mission.
- Assesses and promotes timely completion of Survivorship Care Plans with the disease teams. Acts as a resource to coordinate communications among patients, oncologists, primary care physicians, and other members of the healthcare team to support survivorship needs of patients.
- Collects data to ensure that treatment summaries and survivorship care plans are delivered.
- Collaborates and coordinates with physicians and all disciplines involved in the patient's care to assure timely progress toward the best clinical outcome in the most cost effective manner.
- Triages phone calls related to program(s). Triages patient telephone inquiries and provides consultations as needed.
- Educates the cancer survivor on self-management strategies, recognizing the long term follow up needs of a variety of cancer diagnoses across the lifespan.
- Promotes and analyzes oncology survivorship efforts to meet American College of Surgeons Certification for MGUH Cancer Program. Coordinates care that is aligned with the Commission on Cancer (COC) survivorship standard with the team to maintain and measure care metrics that will support the value of survivorship care to the organization.
- Conducts on-going assessment of the program and reports findings to program director and Cancer Committee as needed.
- Acts as a resource to staff to promote the program benefits. Works with physician and nursing team to ensure education of front line staff in how this program benefits patients and the organization as a whole. Acts as a champion of care for this patient population.
- Serves to problem solve; focusing on operational issues that may impede patient outcomes in a timely manner.
- Works closely with research staff to ensure collection of cost, quality and outcome data utilizing good research methodology.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities that are appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and is not to be considered as all-inclusive. This position may be used from time to time in other capacities as directed by department leadership.
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2327466303
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.