You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Urban Air Brandon is seeking a General Manager to motivate, instill accountability, and achieve results to drive success while maintaining our fun culture! This person will provide overall leadership, vision, and direction on initiatives and operating standards while providing a positive atmosphere for guests and staff.
- Hire, train, and provide mentorship to the staff to further develop their skills
- Cultivate a team environment that provides exceptional customer service
- Implement and execute all staff training programs
- Assist in selecting and developing Area Leads and Certified Trainers for more responsibility or internal promotability
- Lead and influence managerial staff through effective motivation, leveraging individual strengths to ensure maximum productivity
- Ensure execution of all employee recognition and incentive programs as documented
- Maintain a strong community presence through partnership with community and business organizations
OPERATIONS * Maintain a safe, clean, and secure environment for all guests and staff
- Responsible for all aspects of the operation including entertainment, food, beverage, attractions, and property to facilitate the fulfillment of financial goals and company initiatives
- Continuously improve operational execution through attention to detail and adherence to operating standards and philosophies
- Provide direction to the management team and ensure all staff members perform at a consistently high level
- Promote positive employee relations including effective delegation of managerial duties, fostering high staff morale, upholding operation standards
- Assist owners with setting goals and hold managers accountable for setting and meeting departmental goals
- Monitor online reviews to ensure we are consistently meeting the standard for the guest or improving their experience
FINANCIALS * Capitalize business opportunities in the market area by executing company marketing strategies to drive sales
- Maintain systems which ensure overall fiscal responsibility for inventory control, including pars and proper ordering
- Assure staffing levels and management coverage is appropriate to maximize the customer experience while maintaining the labor budget for the business
- Analyze financial reports and develops action plans to grow revenue and control expenses to meet or exceed annual budgets
- Ability to enthusiastically interact with others
- Strong character and exercises good judgement in decision-making
- Experience in hospitality required: Theme Parks, Family Entertainment Centers, Hotels, Resorts, Casinos, or Restaurants
- 3+ years of experience in Facility Operations & Management required
- Demonstrated ability in developing team members in areas of responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to achieve expected store financial results in areas of responsibility
- Must be professional, energetic, self-motivated, and able to motivate others, and have a positive attitude
- Intermediate computer skills - Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Professional grooming and conduct must be constantly displayed
- Adaptability, flexibility, and general enthusiasm for the business
- Strong communication skills; ability to write and verbally communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to establish working relationships with all employees, management, and vendors
- Ability to maintain and project professionalism, internally and externally, at all times
- Ability to establish and communicate a vision for the park
- Flexible in approach; can readily adapt to business and team needs and changes
- Ability to hold oneself accountable for high personal standards of conduct and professionalism
- Appreciation of diversity (thought, ethnic, gender, etc.)
- Innovative and strategic thinker
WHO WILL SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
Our staff and guests are important to us and should be to you as well. For many of our staff, this is their first job. We are looking for a strong, vibrant leader who can set an example by providing guidance and direction to a majority younger staff. Encouraging and helping them grow professionally and personally as they enter the work force. Teaching them positive guest service skills to provide a fun, safe experience for our guests all while ensuring the GM tasks are being completed to control costs and drive revenue.
If this is you, apply now!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
ABOUT URBAN AIR ADVENTURE PARKS
Urban Air is the preeminent indoor adventure park and the market leader in location-based entertainment. The Dallas-based entertainment company pioneered the adventure park concept and is the largest adventure park operator in the world. Urban Air's purpose is to help kids have fun and aim higher, achieving those things that they never thought they could do.
Urban Air Brandon is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Choose your own hours
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Health insurance
Apply today for immediate consideration!
Powered by JazzHR
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MTU3MDo4V21CUjFBd2xa
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.