You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
ROLE: Provide mobile ultrasound service. Majority of work activity performed in various nursing homes, home cares facilities, prisons and processing sites throughout regions serviced by Diagnostic Laboratories traveling in an automobile to the location.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Login for self-dispatching or call into the dispatch department to obtain information regarding beginning case load.
- Arrive at their first case at the start of their assigned shift or have left their house thirty (30) minutes prior.
- Unload portable sonographic equipment and take into facilities to perform exams ordered by the physician. Must obtain clinically diagnostic, technically competent images.
- Perform and process Ultrasounds using portable sonographic equipment and digitally send them to a Radiologist for interpretation.
- Check voicemail from each client’s facility upon completion of their assigned case(s); or minimally every thirty (30) minutes as necessary.
- Check for available cases via self-dispatching system and/or check in with the dispatcher on duty every thirty (30) minutes as necessary.
- Wear the company uniform, company-provided name tag, and follow company dress code.
- Carry the company -provided phone on his/her person
- Respond to all urgent communication within fifteen (15) minutes.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Upon arriving at facility, ALL ORDERS MUST BE CHECKED FOR ACCURACY AGAINST THE EXAMS(S) LISTED IN THE PATIENT’S CHART AS ORDERED BY THE PHYSICIAN. If the orders in the chart are different or if there are no orders in the chart, the exam cannot be completed until the appropriate order is documented in the chart to match the exam listed on the requisition
- The technologist is responsible to ensure they have the correct patient by asking for two patient identifiers, such as their name and date of birth. (DO NOT ASK YES/NO QUESTIONS). If the patient is unable to identify themselves, the NURSE IN CHARGE of the patient must identify. The nurse’s name should be documented on the requisition, as well as, in the tech’s comments in the verification screen.
- Facility staff are to conduct any required patient transfers, support, positioning and/or assistance. Technologists are not to engage in these patient transfers, assistance and/or support activities.
- Sonographer must have medical physical examinations and TB screening at time of hire and annually, along with annual infection control in-service. Documentation and/or results of said examinations/tests must be provided to the Human Resources Department within two (2) weeks of the associate’s date of last annual exam.
- Scan exam related paperwork/billing on a daily basis per protocol.
- Communicate efficiently and perform professionally with call center, dispatch, peers, supervisory staff, and clients.
- Maintain vehicle and sonographic equipment.
- The sonographer maintains a high standard of medical ethics at all times and is self-motivated to increase level of understanding and knowledge of the field, disease, and new procedures as they evolve.
- Sonographer with company owned, leased, or rented vehicles are responsible for paying all motor vehicle tickets, including parking and speeding tickets.
- The consumption of alcoholic beverages, illegal substances or possession of weapons is prohibited as cited in the Associate Handbook.
- Communicate any changes to criminal background and adhere to our drug-free workplace policy as cited in the Associate Handbook.
- Behave and conduct themselves in a professional and ethical manner according to Our Code of Conduct.
- Sonographer must care for their equipment in a professional manner. Upon malfunction of any equipment, the supervisor should be notified immediately.
- Train other technologists as required.
- Self-motivated, dependable, and work independently with little to no direct supervision.
- Complete and successfully pass drug screening and background check.
- Good organizational skills.
- Must be able to perform basic smartphone operation as well as basic computer skills such as printing documents from attachments, scanning documents and attaching to emails.
- Knowledge of applicable regions, geography, and travel routes.
- Pleasant phone manner and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
This job description represents only a portion of the responsibilities of the Sonographer. All Sonographers are responsible for all other information pertaining to their job duties as described in the Associate Handbook or mandated by management, as well as any other duties as assigned.
Applicant must be registered with ARDMS or CCI for vascular ultrasound.
General and Vascular
COVID 19 Vaccinated Required, Proof must be submitted in candidate packet at time of submission or candidate will be automatically declined. Requirements are subject to change at a future time per client.
Graduate of an accredited diagnostic ultrasound technology program.
Maintain required certification and registries, health requirements, and operational requirements. It is the responsibility of the sonographer to provide a copy of such registries and/or diploma to the appropriate personnel when requested. A sonographer should carry and be able to always provide credentials.
Sonographer must always maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to produce the license on demand. It is the responsibility of the technologists to provide a copy of such license(s) and/or certificate(s) to the appropriate personnel. All associates are subject to periodic driver’s license checks. General and Vascular Required, Echo a Plus
CCI - RCIS
STATE LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
ADDITIONAL LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
Limited license not accepted
- Healthcare FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Disability
- Additional Voluntary Benefits
- Voluntary Universal Life with Chronic Condition Rider
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- same day advances are available, discussed at interview
Location: Southaven, MS
Salary: $83,200 (based on a 40 hour work week)
Shift Type: Days
Shift Times:9:00 AM- 5:30 PM
To cover KY hospital/clinic requiring 24/7 coverage, 7 days a week. Shifts are flexible (days, evenings, 4-10hr or 5 - 8hr, shifts) - discussed during interview
Based on case load- will constitute as overtime if needed
On Call Requirements:
Yes - discussed at interview
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2328077589
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.