You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Continuing Medical Education Manager
The Talent Acquisition department hires qualified candidates to fill positions which contribute to the overall strategic success of Howard University. Hiring staff "for fit" makes significant contributions to Howard University's overall mission.
Under direction, performs professional, journey-level administrative work involving moderate responsibility, complexity and variety.
Performs administrative, research and technical duties in relation to one or more of the following: human resources, budgeting, purchasing, management analysis, property management or other relate areas of administrative management.
Responsible for providing limited supervision for one or more functions within a department.
Formally plans, assigns, directs, and coordinates the work of these functions.
Typically responsible for performing some non-supervisory duties in addition to supervisory responsibilities. May perform staff evaluations and make recommendations regarding pay and/or performance.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
Internal contacts include administrators, faculty, staff and students of the department and the University. External
contacts include vendors, contractors, visitors and the general public.
- Assist the CME Director with meeting all of the goals and objectives of the CME office.
- Oversees the planning, development and evaluation of all of the Continuing Medical Educational courses including regularly scheduled conferences, special workshops, journal clubs, and mandatory programs in accordance with ACCME accreditation requirements collaborating with physicians, staff and others. Must be able to develop gap analysis, course objectives, evaluation tools and program brochures
- Prepares and updates policies (conflict of interest, honorarium, Joint Sponsorship, etc.) in keeping with ACCME requirements.
- Responsible for staying abreast of changes in the ACCME, AMA policies, and the regulatory climate and disseminates updates to physicians and CME personnel.
- Responsible for final activity closeout, files maintenance and record keeping for ACCME survey review.
- Prepare grant proposals for pharmaceutical and others (i.e. Government, commercial) to support educational courses as necessary
- Review and evaluate the CME activity for required documentation and prepares documentation for designation of credit by the Director of CME
- Prepares reports to the ACCME yearly and as requested. Conduct yearly program evaluations of all courses and Regularly Schedule Series
- Screens and interviews for open positions with in the office.
- Reviews all office employee job descriptions and revise as needed. Conduct annual performance evaluations.
- Initiates routing administrative procedures to monitor and control expenditures for programs and/or small work units. Monitors revenues and expenditures. Estimates revenues and expenditure for fiscal year. Recommends reallocation of funds and other actions to stay within budget. Assists in monitoring budget for large, more complex programs and work units.
- Reviews personnel recommendations, purchase orders, contracts, service requests and other administrative documents to ensure compliance with University policies and procedures. Coordinates corrective action as necessary.
- Monitors performance of vendors and contractors. Recommends approval of payments to vendors and contractors if all requirements have been met. Assists in controlling larger, more complex purchases.
- Writes administrative policies, procedures and manuals. Conducts training courses on administrative policies and procedures. Gives technical assistance to staff on administrative assignments.
- Participates in recruitment of job applicants. Explains human resource policies and procedures to applicants and employees. Participates in developing and administering training programs.
- Conducts work unit orientation sessions for new employees to explain departmental rules, procedures and practices. Completes paperwork and coordinates with other University offices to process personnel recommendations for work unit.
- Assigns and monitors work of administrative support staff within department. Establishes standards, policies and procedures to ensure proper maintenance of office files and general administrative management.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Master's Degree in Education, Public Health, or related field or 3-5 years of administrative experience and 12 years of related work experience may be substituted in lieu of educational qualifications.
COVID - 19 Vaccination Information:
All newly hired faculty, staff and student employees are required to vaccinate and to have proof of vaccination(s) upon their first day of employment. Please familiarize yourself with the University's COVID-19 vaccination requirements and verification policy.
Exemption and Waiver Information:Medical and religious exemptions from vaccinations will be granted in accordance with federal and local law. Employees must request an exemption by completing the COVID-19 vaccination exemption request form.
More information on Howard University's COVID-19 response and protocol can be found here.
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2326331426
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.