You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Non-Profit Assurance Manager
Wiss is seeking a hands-on and client facing Non-Profit Assurance Manager to join our growing organization. Our positive culture inspires our people to be engaged and enjoy work every day. We recognize individuality and offer flexibility to ensure a happy and healthy lifestyle.
Our environment is entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and tech-savvy and we are looking for you to become a key member of our organization. You will oversee the day-to-day operations of multiple nonprofit accounting and auditing engagements and be responsible for the supervision of staff and client relationships.
The position will reside in our Florham Park, NJ location and we are proud to offer candidates a PERMANENT HYBRID work arrangement.
Here is a preview of your role:
- Performing client audit, review and compilation engagements, which include managing, executing, directing, and coordinating planning, fieldwork, and wrap up
- Reviewing audit/accounting work papers, financial statements, and tax returns (990 and state filings)
- cquiring a working knowledge of the client's business and maintaining excellent client relationships
- Overseeing outsourced accounting nonprofit engagements
- Researching accounting issues that arise during engagements
- Planning, scheduling, and budgeting engagements
- Developing, training, mentoring, guiding, and engaging staff
- Preparing proposals and attending prospect meetings
- Ensuring accounting, tax, and audit services are delivered timely and accurately per client expectations and accounting standards
- Communicating with Partner on work status and client issues that arise
- Discussing financial statements with Quality Control and addressing comments
- Preparing reports of audit findings and recommendations and presenting them to senior management
- Overseeing single audits performed in accordance with the uniform guidance, and federal/state compliance requirements
- Bachelor's degree and CPA certification (active)
- 5+ years of recent work experience as an auditor at a public accounting firm, and/or nonprofit organization, including 3+ years of supervisory experience, demonstrating a progression in complexity of auditing and accounting tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs, including spreadsheet programs (i.e. Excel)
- Knowledge of CCH ProSystem fx Engagement, QuickBooks, Ichannel, and XCM is a plus
- Leading, training, and mentoring
- Thriving in a dynamic team environment
- cting with professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude
- Multitasking! Engaging and completing assignments within time constraints and deadlines
- Dedicating time to superior client service
- Staying organized and paying attention to detail
- dapting to change and special projects
- Communicating through verbalization and written skills
Wiss is committed to diversity and inclusion. We seek candidates from all backgrounds to join our team and encourage our employees to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2326425797
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.