You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Pediatric Urgent Care Medical Assistant - Cedar Park, TX - Full Time
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
As a healthcare organization, we believe that vaccination against COVID-19, and other diseases, is critical in protecting our people and our patients. As a matter of Company policy, all new and rehires are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment.
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
The Medical Assistant is responsible for all departmental functions aligned with the mission, vision, and goals of PM Pediatrics. The Medical Assistant roles is an opportunity for a pediatric medical assistant to apply their skills in a pediatric urgent care setting and assist with primary patient care based on individual patient needs within their scope of practice under the physician's direct supervision. This position maintains effective working relationships with all customers, including patients/families, physicians, employees, volunteers, and vendors.
- Provide clinical and administrative support for providers, patients, and office operations
- Greet and register patients as they arrive
- Obtain medical history, patient vital signs, and intake
- Prepare patients for X-rays
- Perform and document routine labs, such as throat and urine cultures (venipuncture experience preferred)
- Irrigate and assist with wounds
- Assist in performing quality control testing in the lab
- Be an integral part of the patient care team and assist with patient care within the scope of practice
- Keep exam rooms and front reception stocked with adequate supplies
- Maintain order and cleanliness of the waiting room area
- Practice standard safety practices and precautions
- Help patients in distress by responding to emergencies and notifying medical team (nurse, urgent care tech, and physician)
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes to management team
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping patient care information confidential
- Enhances health care practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and challenging requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Assistant patients with complaints and taking an active role in service recovery when needed
- Perform other duties as needed including apply splints and assisting the nurse and/or provider in other medical procedures
- Provide exceptional customer services
- High school diploma or GED
- Prior experience and/or education as a Medical Assistant
- Knowledge or EKG placement and processing in children
- Ability to obtain laboratory tests via nasal swab, and venipuncture
- Demonstrate a professional and friendly demeanor
- Strong communications and organizational skills
- Prior pediatric experience
- Capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable with computers, Microsoft Office Suite
- Willing to learn medical software
- Experience with medical records preferred
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
PM Pediatrics is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2326314758
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.