0 suggestions are available, use up and down arrow to navigate them
Apply to this job.Think you're the perfect candidate?
You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Org. Develop. & Training Manager
District of Columbia Housing Authority Washington, DC (Onsite) Full-Time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts quantitative and qualitative research to include focus groups and interviews to assist in assessing DCHA's training needs. This includes serving as interview facilitator and results analyst; and prepares reports summarizing findings, conclusions and recommendations;
- Researches best industry and business training practices for application to DCHA Training Program's processes, protocols and activities;
- Conducts or attends a variety of meetings and structured activities to foster better understanding of DCHA training needs;
- Develops Training Plan;
- Develops a comprehensive District of Columbia Housing Authority (DCHA) Training Program including Certifications;
- Develops Agency procedural and Program training manuals with course outlines and content; develops other training content and materials as needed;
- Facilitates training program in various areas of specialization as determined by individual and organizational needs assessments, i.e., customer relations, communications skills, time management, interview techniques, self-motivation, proper workplace attitudes and behavior, conflict management;
- Develops and provides pamphlets, brochures, and other informational and training materials;
- Works with the ITD to design specific on-line training webinars for the DCHA Training Program. This includes creating demonstrations for HR Leadership review, input and approval; modifying as appropriate based on recommendations; running training webinar tests, and resolving any existing problems;
- Develops training curriculum and courses that will contribute to DCHA's managers and employees' increased knowledge of its processes, values, policies and protocols; recommends and/or utilizes vendors and vendor programs as appropriate;
- Provides training instruction through lectures, demonstrations, team exercises, group discussions, audiovisual aids, and role playing exercises at various DCHA locations;
- Selects or develops training aids including training handbooks, handouts, visual aids and webinars;
- Schedules classes based on training mandates, availability of classrooms and equipment;
- Plans, arranges and conducts workshops at various DCHA locations; engages DCHA management and employees in various training exercises;
- Manages DCHA's Performance Management System including tracking the progress of each DCHA department's required Mid-Year and Annual performance evaluation submissions;
- Develops and updates Performance Management System forms, instructions and brochures;
- Conducts workshops for all managers and supervisors on DCHA Performance Management System's mandates, rating periods, processes, procedures, requirements, forms, calculating ratings and submission timelines;
- Works with ITD to automate DCHA's Performance Management System. This includes all user processes, activities and forms; develops system design; creates demonstration for HR Leadership's review and input; modifying as appropriate based on recommendations; running system tests, and resolving any existing user issues and/or problems;
- Evaluates effectiveness of training and organizational development programs, and utilizes relevant evaluation data to revise or recommend changes in organizational objectives and methods;
- Develops and updates or participates in the development and updating of DCHA new employee Handbook.
- Prepares correspondence and regular and special reports, etc., to keep management officials informed of the status of organizational development and training mission;
- Keeps abreast of new and innovative training methods and resources that will enhance the overall effectiveness of the Organizational Development and Training Program;
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in human resources, education, business education or other related field; and a minimum of (5) five years' related experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience which meets the minimum qualifications requirement may be substituted.
The District of Columbia Housing Authority (DCHA) conducts pre-employment screening on specified positions, which may include but is not limited to a criminal background check, drug and alcohol testing, verification of academic credentials, licenses, and certifications, and/or verification of work history.
This position has been designated by the department to require a drug and alcohol screening and background check. Finalist(s) for this position will be subject to drug and alcohol testing and will be required to consent to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment.
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
Apply to this job.Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2325225141
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.