You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company's new website at: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Material Manager
It's not just about your career... or your job title...it's about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters...do things that haven't been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Accountable for Shipping and Receiving, Warehouse, Distribution, Inventory, Scheduling, and Fulfillment operations. Will improve, integrate, and develop processes to meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional areas, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
2.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Have accountability and team leadership in shipping, receiving, fulfillment, materials and execution for all material operations and distribution.
- Lead the strategy and execution of the shipping, receiving, materials organization planning, scheduling, inventory, warehousing, distribution, and production control.
- Lead team in all shipping, receiving, material delivery and supply needs. Drive to improve supplier OTD%, Material Availability by reducing Overdue and Late POs, and be responsible for overall PO management.
- Drive to maintain on-hand inventory to levels consistent with business objectives, coordinate defective material returns to suppliers, and reduce premium transportation costs.
- Lead annual physical inventory, cycle counts, and all inventory reconciliation processes.
- Use experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and effect short-term and long-term business goals.
- Assure inventory and service goals are met
- Drive continuous process improvement culture, using data as a baseline to achieve a higher standard
- Pro-actively look at future demand and identify potential issues and work to resolve prior to business need
- Work to control inventory levels, cycle time and other aspects as required to meet production schedules
- Determine and apply appropriate optimization methodologies to balance service level, inventory, and resource utilization using advanced planning tools
- Champion 5S and Visual Management methodologies throughout the shipping, receiving and materials organization
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college or four years of directly related experience in shipping, receiving, inventory management, shop operations, facilitation and production control in a manufacturing environment, production planning, inventory management principles and practices, or materials management disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office Suite and Oracle
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong business, analytical, and problem-solving ability
- Familiarity with production control systems and routines
- Ability to effectively manage changing and conflicting priorities and resolve appropriately.
- Ability to contribute to a cross functional collaborative environment.
- Six Sigma trained, strong analytical and proven project management skills.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to teach and learn Lean Materials methodologies
- Must exhibit strong problem-solving capabilities and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proven conflict resolution skills
- Enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- Passion for innovative solutions and process improvement
- High level of proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications, i.e., Excel, PPT, Word
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles...people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2325222602
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.