You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Scheduler - Construction - Airports
Scheduler - Construction - Airports
Atlanta, GA 30303 US (Primary)
Boston, MA 02108 US
Cleveland, OH 44101 US
Dallas, TX 75001 US
Houston, TX 77001 US
Indianapolis, IN 46077 US
Jacksonville, FL 32034 US
Kansas City, KS 66012 US
Memphis, TN 37501 US
Miami, FL 33101 US
New York, NY 10123 US
Salt Lake City, UT 84044 US
Washington, DC 20001 US
Up to 25%
Security Clearance Required
Founded in 1990, award winning AFG Group, Inc. provides a full range of program, project and construction management services to our clients - from project planning, definition, design, and construction, through commissioning, relocation, and move-in.
Recognized as an ENR Top 100 CM Firm, AFG's portfolio includes Healthcare & Laboratories, Federal & Public Agencies, Courts & Criminal Justice, and Education markets. Clients include the Department of Defense (DoD), Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), General Services Administration (GSA), National Institutes of Health (NIH), and various state/local agencies served through AFG's nationwide offices and locations. We continue to do what AFG does best: helping owners and users solve facility-related problems.
Provide overall schedule management and oversight, in an owner's funding/representative capacity for multiple federally funded airport projects at multiple airports within the assigned geographic region.
- Assist in developing and maintaining an executable workplan utilizing data driven decision making processes.
• Tailor generic schedules
• Resource load schedules
• Document pop-ups and deferrals
• Analyze program resource data, considering cost account, role and execution manager organization as data points. Make recommendations based on the analysis to achieve and executable workplan.
• Develop Project Baselines by utilizing Primavera. Work with Engineering Services in developing the detailed project plan, statement of work, schedule, WBS, and resource allocation.
• Prepare custom reports and spreadsheets to support Program Implementation.
• Provide updates as needed.
• Support monitoring and controlling active projects.
• Solicit schedule updates on a 28 day update cycle.
• Analyze the schedule updates provided with reports which enable them to take action and manage active projects.
• Provide with updated schedules and analysis to assist in the rebaselining of projects.
• Perform the Project Close-out checklist and track projects that are in the Close-out process.
• Provide Project Planning Report to Manager, including the Aging Report for Site Survey and Project Scope Agreement.
• Provide support and/or submit reports for projects.
• Provide support in project and program meetings.
• Provide support for Program meetings by coordinating meeting logistics, creating briefings, preparing meeting minutes, and tracking action items.
• Assist in preparing documents for monthly Project Status Reviews with other regions and HQ, project status and schedule reports in Excel spreadsheets.
• Attend Project Status Review (PSR) meetings and national/regional meetings in absence of program managers and represent the program managers.
• Participate in Quarterly Matrix Meetings; record significant actions.
• Prepare or assist in the development of program briefings to upper level managers and service unit.
• Assist in coordinating/requesting timely issue of HQ Service Unit Program Office Project Authorizations (PAs) to Service Areas.
• Prepare, coordinate and track reprogram actions, and distribute completed reprogram actions.
• Track equipment requirements and delivery schedules.
• Provide administrative project support as required to fulfill our mission in project management.
• Provide monthly and semi-annual contract status reports in accordance with established format.
• The ability to provide analysis that will support the creation of actionable products that provide predictive and prescriptive analytics to enable informed management decisions.
• Use sound scientific and quantitative information to provide overall project results, technical reports and/or recommendations to management and PIMs as a basis for making decisions.
• Preferred experience in scheduling projects using an industry accepted scheduling tool. (Primavera, Microsoft Project, etc.)
• Preferred experience in developing resource loaded project schedules.
• Communications: must accomplish clear and concise general and technical writing, prepare and conduct effective technical presentations, provide thorough project monitoring and reporting, and tactfully coordinate with a variety of project stake holders, peers and management levels.
• Computer Applications: Capable of applying MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database management applications, and know how to use the Internet as a data gathering and communicating tool.
• Administrative: Provides organized documentation, and has an awareness of general documentation systems
- Demonstrated fluency in use of Primavera
- 2+ years of scheduling experience
- Experience within a construction environment
- Experience with federal/state/local projects
- Experience with vertical/horizontal projects
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent industry experience
- Independently able to create, review and/or analyze schedules in an efficient and comprehensive manner.
- Effectively utilize available techniques and software to provide the greatest value to the client in pursuit of this goal.
- Create Schedules, Baselines and Updates, at all levels of project development, independently or as part of an external or internal team.
- Understand principles of cost estimating and productivity in establishing schedule parameters (duration, cost and resource loading, etc.).
- Work with Project Managers, client, and others throughout the design process to evaluate the appropriateness of project duration.
- Generate graphical and tabulated reports to demonstrate and analyze contractors' performance and progress
- Develop a comprehensive plan that communicates client's project and strategic goals
- Demonstrate a realistic and feasible planning approach
- Investigate and incorporate project constraints in planning effort
- Meet all contractual compliance requirements
- Be capable of communicating schedule and positions in a formal meeting, presentation, or negotiation
- Communicate effectively through clear and concise means appropriate to the project's goals (verbal, written, schedule graphics)
- Perform schedule reviews to the same level of detail, as noted above.
As an employee, you could be eligible for:
- Competitive Industry Pay
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Flex Time
- Bonus plans
- Professional Learning and Membership Incentives
- Health, Dental, and Vision Plans
- 100% Company-Paid Disability & Group Life
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401K with Employer Match
- New Parent Leave
- Relocation Assistance
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits
We are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2325200247
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.