You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Executive Assistant to the Executive Vice President
SBA Pro-Life America ( www.sbaprolife.org ) is the largest pro-life political organization in the country with a nationwide network of more than 1 million Americans.
The Executive Assistant provides support to the Executive Vice President. This is a highly confidential and fast-paced role, and focuses on project management, scheduling, booking travel, managing logistics for staff and donor events, reconciling expenses, and preparing status reports and donor materials.
The Executive Assistant must be an extremely well organized and professional individual with strong time-management and communication skills, excellent writing and editing skills, and a passion for the pro-life cause.
This a full-time position headquartered in our Arlington, VA office. The Executive Assistant to the Executive Vice President will report to the Executive Vice President.
- Serve as the Executive Vice President's right-hand, anticipating needs, managing her schedule as well as department needs in-depth, and helping her to accomplish staff and organizational goals.
- Provide high-level support to the Executive Vice President in daily administrative duties including, but not limited, to managing an active calendar of appointments, composing correspondence on behalf of the Executive Vice President, management of expense accounts.
- Communicate the impact of SBA List's work in person, over the phone, through the mail, and over email in a professional manner to our Board and donors.
- Safeguard confidential information about the Organization, its donors, and all operational procedures and strategies.
- Serve as a liaison and support the Executive Vice President in providing accurate, well-researched information in a clear and concise manner.
- Assist in communicating Executive Vice President's message to employees within the Organization, and its donors.
- Manage projects from start to finish across departments effectively as well as planning events alongside the Executive Vice President.
- Sacrificial - employee should be sacrificial to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Scrappy - employee must be able to be resourceful and resilient with limited resources.
- Ambitious - employee must be motivated and hungry to tackle tasks each day and push themselves to go above and beyond in everything they do.
- Team Player - exhibits attributes of good team player (is humble, hungry, and possesses people smarts).
- Tenacious - employee is gifted in pushing projects through to completion, while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Detail-oriented - employee must be thorough when performing work and strive to achieve accuracy and consistency in all tasks.
- Trustworthy - employee must handle and secure sensitive personal and financial information.
- Calm under pressure - employee must be able to remain calm under pressure and respond professionally with a service minded approach during times of uncertainty or stress.
- Flexibility - employee must be comfortable with ever-evolving plans and projects and have the ability to pivot and improvise solutions.
- Problem Solver - Ability to manage and resolve personnel issues and provide solution to difficult situations.
- Discreate - Must be able to keep personnel matters confidential, works with salary and personal identification information that must be protected.
- Anticipate Needs - employee should proactively anticipate potential needs and make arrangements to address them beforehand.
- Adaptability - employee must be able to adapt to changes and deal easily with managing unexpected events. Multi-tasking and flexibility are a must.
- Must be pro-life.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
This position is headquartered in our Arlington, VA office. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers.
Must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily with reasonable accommodations.
Work is generally done sitting, talking, hearing, and typing.
May be required to lift objects up to 20 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours
This position is a full-time position. Hours are typically 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM, Monday-Friday. Some weekend after hours works will be required during busy times. This position requires the employee to respond to requests and inquires outside of normal office hours via phone and email.
This position may require occasional travel for events for special events, or donor meetings.
- Previous experience as an Executive Assistant.
- Previous experience working on Capitol Hill, or in a fast-paced office environment.
SBA Pro-Life America offers a comprehensive benefit portfolio including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K plan with employer match, life insurance policy, short-term and long-term disability coverage, free onsite parking, paid holidays, and paid time off.
SBA Pro-Life America has experienced tremendous growth over the last 10 years, and we are on track for even more growth in the coming years as we expand our programs and impact. The person who fills this position should model our core values of being sacrificial, ambitious, scrappy, and excellent team-player. Our employees are experts in their fields, hard workers, and are incredibly dedicated to ending abortion. They are team oriented with a sacrificial mindset to help one another in our shared mission. We leverage every available opportunity to make advances for the unborn and their mothers.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
SBA Pro-Life America is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all our employment programs and decisions. Discrimination in employment on the basis of any protected class under federal, state, or local law is a violation of our policy and is against the law. Equal employment opportunity is provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, covered veterans status, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, or any other protected characteristic. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment and hiring, placement, promotion, termination, reductions-in-force, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2325167395
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.