You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Software Developer Manager
The Software Developer Manager is accountable for communicating, planning and providing leadership to their assigned team. Software Developer Managers provide direction to project and functional resources within and outside their reporting structure, gather, support and develop the resources needed to execute the plan, champion the tactical direction of work and remove barriers within their sphere of influence. The Software Developer Manager leads cross function initiatives, projects and discussions and is relied upon to anticipate and mitigate cross functional issues. The Software Developer Manager is accountable for providing thorough subject area expertise in assigned area. The Software Developer Manager is accountable for performance management and salary administration for their team as well as assisting with career development planning, coaching, training and teambuilding.
- The essential functions listed represent the major duties of this role, additional duties may be assigned.
- Provide hands-on leadership for a growing IT software development team, coaching team members to help them develop their skills and careers.
- Proactively identifies, implements and manages process improvements and agile solutions within functional area.
- Provides thorough subject matter expertise within assigned area and makes recommendations senior leadership to contribute to IT strategy.
- Influences, interacts and makes decisions impacting across assigned disciplines, capabilities, services, technologies, domains or systems.
- Collaborates decisions with senior IT leadership.
- Ensures adherence to practices, procedures, precedents, policy and senior leadership direction (10%)
- Provides recommendations, promotes, and implements code standardization.
- Act as a strong advocate and change agent for the Agile/Scrum process.
Important to Know
- This a hybrid position with the opportunity to work remote and 2 to 3 days in office
Required Work Experience
- 5+ years related work experience
- 3+ years direct supervisory/management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or additional related equivalent work experience IT-related field
- Highly refined communication skills including ability to negotiate, build consensus, clearly articulate to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Communicate difficult messages in a professional and productive manner, excellent presentation and facilitation competence and ability to represent IT as a leader in cross-functional discussions/initiatives
- Strong knowledge of and experience with SDLC
- Ability to build trust and strategic partnerships with assigned business area contacts, project teams and leadership to facilitate two-way communication
- Ability to understand overall IT strategy and apply/implement IT strategy in assigned projects/initiatives
- Expert-level ability to communicate highly complex technical information clearly and articulately at all levels and audiences
- Deep, thorough understanding of business processes being supported
Successful experience leading people
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
- Passionate advocate of Agile best practices and tools.
- Healthcare industry experience •Specific tools, languages and specialty skills may vary
- Experience mentoring and coaching other leaders
- Experience working in Angular, C#, and 3rd part
- Experience using Dart programming languages
General Physical Demands
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to move objects.
- Jobs are sedentary if traversing activities are required only occasionally.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Protected Veteran/Disabled Employer committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable culture for our employees and communities.
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2325312494
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.