You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Assistant General Counsel
Derivative Path (“DP”) is a private equity backed, technology focused capital markets and risk management firm that offers a best-in-class, end-user focused derivatives platform (“DerivativeEDGE” or “EDGE”) which clients can use independently for all interest rate and FX derivatives needs, front-office through back-office. We then support the technology offering with a full suite of risk solutions, execution, and support services provided by experienced capital markets professionals. We have four offices in two countries and nearly 200 clients.
Who you are:
We are seeking an experienced attorney to join our Legal and Compliance team, reporting to the General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer in a fast-paced working environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and reviewing all legal aspects related to the organization's various contracts and for advising Sales, IT, and Management on various legal and regulatory compliance matters. The role will be primarily focused on drafting, reviewing, issue-spotting, and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements such as swaps documentation, SaaS agreements, vendor agreements, engagement letters, licenses, NDAs, etc. The successful candidate will also assist with the management of the organization's corporate legal and regulatory compliance obligations. The attorney will work closely to provide a best-in-class experience to all internal and external stakeholders of Derivative Path. The ideal candidate will have experience with swaps and with managing and negotiating their supporting documentation. The ideal candidate will also have knowledge of CFTC and NFA rules related to swaps. Excellent organizational skills a major plus. Past working experience as an attorney at a Fintech company, regional/community bank, swaps market intermediary/registrant/regulated market, and/or law firm experience negotiating commercial agreements also a major plus. Experience with FX and non-U.S. financial regulations also a plus.
- Draft, review, issue-spot and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements/contracts including vendor agreements, service agreements, NDAs, swaps documentation (e.g. ISDA master agreements), and licensing agreements.
- Advise the management team on legal, compliance and risk management matters.
- Collaborate with business units to provide legal support for product development and launch initiatives, including the firm’s FX platform.
- Keep up to date with relevant regulatory and legal developments and assess their impact on the organization's obligations and contractual relationships.
- Work with external counsel as needed to ensure timely and cost-effective legal support for the organization.
- Participate in internal and external calls with clients to discuss issues that arise during negotiations of agreements.
- Manage regulatory exams, audits and inquiries.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- At least 5-10 years of relevant legal experience, including experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial agreements/contracts
- Strong understanding of legal, compliance and risk management practices and ability to provide legal guidance to business units on these matters, independently
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build relationships and collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in a corporate legal environment is preferred
- Competitive bonus, base salary, and equity compensation
- 23 days of PTO
- Hybrid work environment within the US, with potential fully remote work (with some travel)
- Paid parental leave
- 401K matching at 3%
- Competitive health benefits including HSA and FSA options, life insurance, and short-term disability
The expected salary for this position ranges from $150,000 - $170,000. When determining your pay, we will take into account your skills, experience, and location.
Derivative Path is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristic, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. Derivative Path offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, vision, 401k contribution, flexible spend accounts, and a generous paid time off policy.
Powered by JazzHR
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MTU3MDo0YmRxMTBHZVFB
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.