You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Teacher Assistant - FLACS I
Under the supervision of the Principal and direction of the classroom teacher, Teaching Assistants support teachers in implementing high-quality rigorous standards-based curricula which promote a culture of excellence and high expectations. Teaching assistants reinforce lessons presented by teachers by reviewing material with students one-on-one or in small groups. They enforce school and class rules and maintain an attractive and orderly classroom. They assist teachers with recordkeeping, such as tracking attendance and entering student data into school and network databases.
- Assists the teacher in setting up and maintaining a clean and orderly classroom.
- Under the direction of the teacher, creates and maintain bulletin board displays inside and outside the classroom.
- Manages and secures all materials in the classroom environment.
- Works with individual children or groups of children on special instructional projects and activities, as planned by the teacher.
- Uses and promotes positive guidance and behavior management techniques.
- Assists teachers with conferencing during independent reading, writing, and mathematics activities.
- Communicates to the teacher observations or concerns regarding students’ academic and social-emotional progress.
- Assists teachers with keeping individual students on task during instructional activities.
- Grades assignments involving multiple-choice or unambiguous short answers, under the direction of the teacher.
- Writes individual anecdotal records that support the teacher in the planning of instructional activities.
- Assists teachers with entering data on Skedula and other data sources.
- Assumes the position of teacher in the absence of the certified classroom teacher (Kindergarten through grade 4).
- Promotes healthy eating habits of students in the cafeteria.
- Maintains a safe and orderly environment in the lunchroom.
- Assists teachers in the orderly transition of students at arrival and dismissal.
- Escorts students to bus dismissal.
- Maintains a professional relationship with the assigned teacher.
- Participates in staff meetings and professional learning, as scheduled.
- Adheres to the prescribed schedule set by the administration.
- Upholds the FLACS mission, core beliefs, and educational philosophy.
- Reflects on their practice and is a lifelong learner who strives to improve instructional effectiveness and guide professional growth.
- Engages and collaborates with colleagues and the community to develop and sustain a common culture that supports high expectations for student learning.
- Creates ongoing communication with families, guardians, and caregivers to enhance student development and success.
- Demonstrates self-motivation and willingness to be a team player.
- An associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is required
- Enrollment in a teacher preparation program is preferred
- Prior experience working with elementary-aged children preferred
- New York State Certification in Level I, II, or III Teaching Assistant required
- NYS Dept of Education fingerprint clearance
It is the policy of FLACS to provide educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage and citizenship status, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), or prior record of arrest or convictions (except as provided by law), and to maintain an environment free of discriminatory harassment, including sexual harassment, or retaliation, as required by civil rights law.
Powered by JazzHR
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MTU3MDp1RG9iTHM1OVRh
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.