You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Electrical Estimating Manager
P1 Construction, LLC., is seeking an Electrical Estimating Manager for the Lenexa, Kansas office.
Join our P1 Team!
P1 Construction, LLC., has grown into a national construction and solutions provider. P1 is a specialty subcontractor providing HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, building technologies, controls, millwright, and architectural metal work across the U.S. But there’s so much more to P1’s broad spectrum single-source capabilities, including value-added services like virtual design and construction and multi-trade fabrication. When you work for P1 Construction, you'll be part of a culture that puts safety first, treats associates like family, and provides challenging work in a rewarding, energetic environment. P1 Construction takes pride in maintaining a high standard of excellence along with an ethical and friendly business culture.
P1 Construction, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We offer a competitive compensation package.
- Computes cost factors and prepares construction estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work; preparing bids; selecting vendors or subcontractors; and determining cost effectiveness.
- Leads the estimators and other staff assigned to his or her estimating team; manages their work assignments, performance and resources; and coordinates their training.
- Works with the Marketing Department to review market potential and possibilities for bids which fit the company’s strategic goals.
- Promotes the company’s capabilities and expertise when dealing directly with key decision makers in the owner or general contracting companies.
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Identifies cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts.
- Meet one of the following education requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a construction or electrical engineering related discipline, OR
- At least five years of electrical construction field trade experience/training/education, OR
- Equivalent combination of the above.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Direct Experience: Ten or more years of electrical construction estimating experience while employed by an electrical construction contractor is required. Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience managing other estimators. Industrial, Healthcare, Critical Power, Government and Heavy Commercial experience is a plus. Accustomed to successfully bidding on non-residential projects that are at least $250,000 or more in cost. General contractors or roles coordinating with electrical subcontractors do not meet this requirement.
- Certifications: LEED Certification is preferred but not required.
- Accubid Enterprise experience is a HUGE plus but is not required.
- Computer Skills: Must have accurate typing skills and be proficient in using database, email, internet, spreadsheet, and word processing applications, specifically Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Windows) and be willing to learn new software applications.
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass a motor vehicle record check. Must be able to meet P1 Group qualifications to operate a vehicle on company business. Must be at least 18 years of age. Must possess a valid driver’s license. Must have access to drive a well maintained vehicle. Must have up to date registration with the local Department of Motor Vehicles. Both the candidate and the vehicle must be currently covered on a personal insurance policy.
- Other Skills Required:
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Skills
- Language Skills:
- Reading and Comprehension
- Oral Communication
- Written communication
- Mathematical Skills:
- Problem Solving
- Reasoning Ability:
- Technical Skills
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Human Resources: email or call:
Powered by JazzHR
- Forklift Truck
- Rigging (Sailing Ship)
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Oil And Gas
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MTU3MDoxZlJxU3J5NUFS
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.