You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
At Urology Austin, our mission is committed to improving the lives of patients and their families through compassionate, quality, and ethical care.
In choosing a career with Urology Austin, you are choosing to improve the lives of patients and their families through a collaborative team-driven approach in an innovative, quality-driven, community-based setting. Better Medicine. Better Care.
The purpose of this position is to, under direct supervision, maintain efficient patient flow, assist with patient care and performs tasks assigned by physicians and nurses.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Escorts patients to the exam room or treatment room as appropriate.
- Records patient data prior to each physician visit, including but not limited to, vital signs, allergies, and medication list.
- Obtains all necessary patient records as required by physician.
- Assures appropriate consent has been obtained prior to treatment or procedures.
- Conducts patient assessments and obtains pertinent medical information for referral to the physician and/or nurse.
- Directs patients from the exam room to the next appropriate station, i.e., treatment room or appointment desk.
- Prepares and stocks exam rooms, orders such supplies as needed and maintains/controls drug samples.
- Assists physicians/nurses with exams and procedures as requested.
- Performs lab procedures and processing of lab specimens as needed. Files all labs and outside reports accurately and as needed.
- Obtains blood specimens from peripheral sites as needed and in accordance with OSHA and universal precautions.
- Maintains all exam room disinfection protocols.
- Perform phlebotomy, including venipuncture and capillary puncture.
- Triages incoming patient telephone calls for referral to nurse or physician.
- Phones in prescriptions and makes other patient calls as required or directed by physicians and/or nurses.
- Practice Standard Precautions, including hand washing and disposal of biohazardous materials.
- Obtains new patient records and previous test results, x-rays, scans, etc.
- Maintains a clean work environment and restocks the supply area as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Certificate of graduation from an accredited program for medical assistants preferred or LVN equivalent.
- Minimum of one year experience as a medical assistant or nursing assistant or LVN in a hospital or clinic setting preferred.
- Certified Medical Assistant (AAMA) or Licensed Vocational Nurse.
- Phlebotomy experience required.
- Knowledge of medical practice and care to assist in giving patient care.
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic, and treatment room procedures.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Skill in assisting in a variety of treatments and medications as directed.
- Skill in taking vital signs.
- Skill in maintaining records and recording test results.
- Displays excellent verbal and written communication skills
Urology Austin offers a competitive benefits package to eligible employees. Below are some of the benefits you may receive as an employee at Urology Austin.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- 401(k) with Employer Contributions and Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Health Care & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Competitive Wages
- Paid Holidays, No Weekends
Powered by JazzHR
- Electronic Medical Record
- Perform Clinical Duty
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MTU3MDpocnBpV2VKRXMx
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.