You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Manager, Operations Mon-Fri 6:00 AM-2:30 PM
Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. There’s a reason we’ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value, and high-quality products. Now is an exciting time to join Macy’s. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation.
Online sales are booming at Macy’s. Our Distribution Center teams are key to our success in the modern retail landscape. They make sure that products arrive at our stores - and each customer’s doorstep - on time, in perfect condition. Behind the scenes, a lot goes into getting products to customers. When a shopper makes an online purchase, we plan, prep, and package the merchandise to get it delivered as quickly and efficiently as possible – across the country and around the world. It takes a lot of smart people working together to make that happen, and so there are many roles you can play, including (but not limited to): material handlers, equipment drivers, inventory control, packers, quality assurance, safety specialists, asset protection, and many more. Whatever role you play – we value you as a colleague. Choose the challenge that’s right for you!
Coordinate and oversee the day-to-day management of a distribution department. Manages the daily activities and develops short and long term strategic planning of the operations to ensure facility and organization goals and objectives are achieved. Performs other related duties, special projects or assignments as required.
- Responsible for the management of distribution department and all that it entails: Ensuring we meet or exceed our goals and targets, coach and counsel direct reports.
- Responsible for generating reports to management.
- Responsible for ensuring that departments meet or exceed performance requirements in the areas of safety, shortage, cost control, quality, processing standards, flexibility, reliability, customer service and execution to plan.
- Ability to perform presentations to the retail division and Sr. management when needed.
- Identify / develop / implement short and long term strategies which enhance profitability, productivity and efficiency for each of the operations departments.
- Continually analyze work processes to identify optimization opportunities and implement process improvements.
- Develop and maintain a work culture that is successful and committed to superior customer service.
- Develop and maintain procedures and metrics that assure customer service satisfaction levels are attained.
- Responsible for management of all aspects of inventory control.
- Responsible for driving and managing the change associated with organizational growth.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the development of training programs and ensures staff understanding of programs.
- Provides a safe work environment for staff. Develops and enforces Safe / Smart work practices. Ensures compliance with AOSE and safety program.
- Interfaces with IT as a user on systems development and refinement to improve operations, productivity and service levels.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
- Interpersonal competencies to include: integrity and trust, adaptability, leadership, motivation ability, coaching and mentoring skills, and initiative. Proactive, responsive, detail-oriented and gets things done.
- Business and intellectual competencies to include: industry understanding of warehouse management, negotiation skill, strategic and tactical planning skill, problem analysis skill, staff development skill, written and oral communication skill, and creativity.
- Ability to make sound decisions and manage several processes in a fast paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Required (Word, Excel, Access, Lotus Notes)
- Must possess exceptional leadership, mentoring and coaching skills
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies.
- Ability to solve problems as well as recognize issues and deal with them directly
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around facility or department
- Frequent use of computers and other technology necessary to perform job duties, including handheld electronic equipment.
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color vision
- Frequently lift/move up to 50lbs
Supply Chain Only and Colleagues Working in a Supply Chain Facility except in locations governed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement:
Random drug testing for all colleagues will be conducted on a monthly or semi-monthly basis, depending upon factors including but not limited to the size of the facility and the number of colleagues on roll. Colleagues will be randomly selected for testing by a third party. Testing must be completed on the same workday the colleague is informed of selection for testing, absent extenuating circumstances. In all circumstances, testing must be completed within 24 hours of notification.
- Quality Assurance
- Operations Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Operational Performance
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2324816261
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.