You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
News Editor/Content Producer - ABC News (NYC)
ABC News is seeking a full-time News Editor/Content Producer to join our Digital team.
The person in this role will join a dedicated team of editors/content producers at ABC News Digital and will be responsible for line editing text stories that are published on ABCNews.com, working with reporters, senior editors, our newsgathering operation, and our legal and standards teams. This position will be primarily dayside Tuesday through Saturday, and this person will senior the coverage on Saturdays.
Though a key part of the role is managing all aspects of text stories, and on occasion writing stories, the person in this role is also responsible for coordinating other key editorial elements and liaising with the wider newsgathering operation as well as broadcast units and our Audience Development team.
The ideal candidate is someone who is a thoughtful editor and has experience leading breaking news coverage and assigning stories, and is a self-starter who does well under pressure.
The role is based in New York City, and the team is working in a hybrid model of four days in the office and one day remote. The hours are generally 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday.
- Assign and edit text stories
- When necessary, write breaking news stories
- Work with the newsgathering desk to determine what is reportable
- Collaborate with reporters, producers, editors, bookers and correspondents
- Coordinate news coverage across different teams
- Make editorial judgments on a minute-to-minute basis
- Minimum 3 years’ experience editing for a digital news outlet
- Ability to write on deadline with speed and accuracy
- Proven experience handling breaking news
- Willingness and desire to collaborate across different teams
- Ability to balance priorities, multiple projects and tasks
- Brings energy and positivity to the group dynamic
- Has experience running point on major breaking news
- Experience collaborating with different teams
- Excellent communication skills
- BA or BS from a 4-year accredited college or university or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree in journalism from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience
The hiring range for this position in New York is $68,200 to $93,830 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2324824595
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.