You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Security Installation Technician III
When you join Allied Universal® Technology Services, you are joining one of the fastest growing security systems integrators in North America. Build your career within a fast-paced, dynamic, and diverse environment that combines leading-edge technology solutions - electronic access control, video surveillance, alarm monitoring, emergency communications, robotics, drones, and other smart tech innovative solutions - with physical security solutions to safeguard our clients and our communities.
What to expect as a Commercial Security Technician III:
- Assist the Project Manager regarding on-site scheduling of work activities and timely delivery of equipment
- Responsible for the connection of control panels, application requirements, wire concealment, and security software installation
- Install, program and configure commercial electronic security systems for enterprise commercial clients (door access control, CCTV, intrusion detection, low voltage communication, electronic locks, point sensors, signaling devices, ect.)
- Troubleshoot new installations to ensure the systems are functioning properly and satisfy codes.
- Demonstrate Allied Universal’s core values as a highly skilled leader on the Install Team
- Supervise several teams of Tech I’s and II’s
- Manage several medium to large jobs simultaneously and doing so within approved hours and margin tolerances
- Drive to client sites, with a company issued vehicle, to perform the system installation and confirm the system is operating effectively and meets contract requirements
- Installation of electrical wiring, panels, cable and security devices
- Completes miscellaneous tasks as assigned by manager
What knowledge and skills are required:
- High School Degree or equivalent is required
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in the physical security, fire alarm or low voltage communication industry installing field devices, programming systems, and running medium to large sized jobs required
- Experience with any or all of the following preferred: Software House, Lenel, AMAG, S2, Brivo, Milestone, Exacq, Axis, Bosch, Commend, DMP, Open Options, Notifier, Fluidmesh or ONSSI
- Possess or has the ability to obtain proper state licensing once hired (Low Voltage D license, Alarm Installer Lic. etc.)
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast based environment with minimum direction
- Good communication skills for effective interaction with internal & external customers
- Strong troubleshooting skills and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to be on-call on a rotational basis
- Must be detail-oriented and organized
Must possess a valid Driver’s License with at least one year of driving experience, a clean driving record (no major violations within last 36 months, no more than 1 accident in last 24 months, no more than one minor moving violation in last 24 months), a minimum level of insurance as required by Company policy, and the ability to safely operate a vehicle required.
- Ability to complete time entry from home on a daily basis via the Internet
- Ability to deliver product familiarization training to end-users
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and Project)
- Ability and track record of successfully loading servers with 3rd party applications
- Ability and track record of successfully deploying IP video solutions
- Possess general working knowledge of network architecture
- Overnight travel may be required on an as-need basis
Pay Range: $38/hr-$50/hr
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Security Installation Technician III
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Security Installation Technician III.
- Repairing (Computer Systems)
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)
- Blueprints (Construction)
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2324791959
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.