You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Program Communications Specialist
Savan Group is actively recruiting for a Program Communications Specialist to provide communications strategy and execution support for the Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) Office of Manufactured Housing Programs OMHP. The Program Communications Specialist will be client-facing, helping to coordinate the work of a team of professionals and be a critical part of our delivery team. The candidate should be comfortable communicating, both verbally and in writing, with a range of federal and state government and private citizens as stakeholders of the program. The Program Communications Specialist will be responsible for contributing to and executing a communications strategy for four programs within OMHP, screening dispute requests and coordinating with other team members to ensure timely resolution of disputes, and assisting the Department with evaluating new and re-certifications for state-administered DRPs. This role is the public's primary interface to the agency for this program, so the candidate will be expected to monitor and respond to messages received via email and telephone inboxes. Additional specific requirements for the role include:
- Support the prime contractor with the creation of the communication strategy, key messages, target audiences, and project timelines.
- Support the execution of the communications strategy.
- Produce professional-looking reports and presentations, including the development of graphics.
- Effectively communicate to a variety of audiences, including senior-level management
- Contribute updates to a monthly status report on the progress of the evaluation of the state programs, incoming complaints, and overall communications opportunities and activities completed.
- Administer the dispute resolution process, coordinating with all required parties according to the government’s pre-defined timelines.
- Maintain the procedures by which mediators and arbitrators will be selected.
- Facilitate the dispute resolution process following the already established SOP.
- Support recertification of state programs as needed.
- Facilitate meetings.
- Seek opportunities for process improvement.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-4 years of experience with client-facing exposure
- Experience writing web content, reports, and emails
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze and apply critical thinking to a wide variety of complex problems
- Ability to coordinate and build relationships with diverse stakeholders and senior-level clients
- Ability to plan and facilitate meetings across various stakeholder groups to administer the departmental program requirements
- Experience developing reports, briefings, and decks and helping to present them to clients in a professional way
- Experience developing webinars, educational videos, and/or podcasts.
- Experience developing infographics and/or marketing slick sheets.
- Ability to effectively complete individual tasks, work in a team environment, and be proactive with little guidance
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Outlook
- Experience with Microsoft Teams and Canva.
- DHS Trusted Tester Certification
- Public Trust Clearance (or higher)
Job Location and Schedule
Vienna, VA (Savan Group Headquarters)
Submit your application to the link on this page. Applicants selected for interviews will be notified by email or phone.
EOE, including disability and veterans.
Savan Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a workplace free of discrimination. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, and sexual orientation, national origin, age (40 or older), marital status, disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for the employment process, please email your request to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Program Communications Specialist. For more information about our company, please visit our website at www.savangroup.com.
This position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before your designated start date unless an exemption from this requirement has been granted as an accommodation for religious or medical reasons.
Powered by JazzHR
- Public Speaking
- Mass Communication
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MTU3MDpZN3ZMdjUxbEVC
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.