You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Nurse - PRN
Community Medical Services (CMS) is urgently hiring a Registered Nurse or a Licensed Practical Nurse to work on an as-needed basis administering medication to patients recovering from addictions to opioids and other illicit substances. In your role as a PRN Nurse, you’ll work under the supervision of the Nursing Manager and the Director of Medical and Nursing Operations to conduct required testing, maintain the medication inventory, audit records, and assist medical providers in providing a safe place for anyone looking to start their recovery journey with us.
As you join our mission to help those suffering from substance use disorders reclaim their lives, expect to thrive in a comfortable, welcoming, and fun environment where you are valued for the work you do, championed by passionate leaders, and equipped with the tools and ongoing training you need to achieve your goals.
Along the way, you’ll have the ability and flexibility to choose the shifts that best fit your life and schedule. Weekend and overnight options are available.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Prefers a part-time schedule.
- Is excited to work in an outpatient setting, much like a doctor’s office.
- Likes to chat—you won’t be physically moving patients in this role, but you will be having conversations with them throughout your shift.
To thrive in this role, you must be able to:
- Administer medications as ordered/prescribed by a CMS medical provider
- Monitor behavioral patterns, medical symptoms, and physical symptoms related to dosage, as well as other symptoms related to drug use and mental health concerns
- Obtain vital signs, blood specimens, and urine samples
- Process point-of-care urine drug screens per company policy
- Prepare take-home medication (n/a in Montana)
- Monitor medication administration closely to prevent diversion
- Report diversion to proper internal authorities
- Maintain accurate client records in company’s EHR system
- Document medication errors and respond to adverse medical reactions per company policy
- Arrange temporary incoming and outgoing courtesy dosing clients
- Deliver medications to external facilities
- Order necessary dosing room and nursing-related supplies
- Maintain accurate medication inventory records
- Adhere to all federal, state, local, and accrediting body regulations
- Administer CPR if necessary
- Licensed LPN or RN in state of employment
- Ability to travel to assigned CMS sites
- Experience in the field of substance use disorders preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of the signs of intoxication and opioid withdrawal symptoms
- Demonstrates accuracy in medication administration and ability to maintain accurate client records
#PLNURPandoLogic. Keywords: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Location: Hualapai, AZ - 86412 , PL: 565866864
- Electronic Medical Record
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Life Support
- Automated External Defibrillator
- Basic First Aid
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2323649992
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.