You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Who We Are:
At Doing Things, our process is unique, but our purpose is clear. We connect consumers across the world through humor and happiness. Doing Things is responsible for the funniest, most shareable and culturally relevant memes and video content on the Internet. The company is making ordinary life relatable, humorous and entertaining through a portfolio that includes some of the most popular brands built on Instagram, including Middle Class Fancy, Shithead Steve, Overheard, Recess Therapy, Bob Does Sports and Animals Doing Things, among others. Through its IP, Doing Things fuels consumer products, branded content, video licensing, publishing and original entertainment across digital and linear TV.
Founded in 2017, Doing Things touts more than 25+ unique brands and delivers more than 100 pieces of original and curated content daily to an audience of more than 65 million followers across Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube and Snap. This includes the company’s fast-growing direct-to-consumer products business, featuring comedic apparel and accessories based on what’s trending.
Today, Doing Things is looking to expand its team as we extend our reach to bring smiles to millions of new community members across the globe.
Doing Things is looking for an innovative and nimble Video Producer with a sense of humor to join its growing team. As a Video Producer on our creative team, you’ll be responsible for executing editorial and branded content for Doing Things’ portfolio of brands/accounts including OverheardLA, OverheardNY, Fake News Network, Grill Guy, Middle Class Fancy, etc., as well as developing and producing new series ideas. In this role, you’ll be producing social video in all formats for digital platforms such as Instagram, Youtube, and TikTok.
Our ideal candidate loves collaborating with others to come up with the best content possible, but you’re also capable of efficiently working independently. They’re someone who’s adaptable and driven, and excited by the idea of working in a fast-paced environment.
This role is based in NYC and reports to our Head of Video Production.
- Create highly engaging, entertaining, visually fresh content that excites our existing followers and attracts new ones, while capturing the voice of the accounts across a variety of formats and platforms.
- Pitch new ideas for one-off videos and new series
- Work alongside Head of Video and Brand Managers, to develop, execute, and deliver videos.
- Manage and meet deadlines
- Keep multiple, concurrent video projects on schedule and on budget.
- Ensure quality control
- Coordinate and field produce shoots
- Remote produce shoots with external crews
- Provide creative direction and feedback to editors on cuts
- Be mindful of performance goals, focused on achieving them, and use key learnings to improve on every video.
- 3+ years creating comparable content for a brand, publisher, or production company.
- Excellent video producing skills.
- Proven ability to ideate and execute engaging branded and social content.
- Passionate for editorial integrity, and comfortable steering partners in this direction diplomatically to set them up for success, utilizing data and key learnings when needed.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment, and think quickly and strategically to meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of video editing (i.e. Adobe Premiere).
- Experience as a videographer (knowledge of DSLR cameras and audio) a plus.
- Ability to see multiple projects as a whole and ensure that all parts are moving well.
- Knowledge of best practices in media management and workflows.
- An understanding of how business and creative can work together, and how things like ad sales contribute to your ability to make great content.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced startup and always stay ahead of social media trends.
- Experience with social first, comedic content a plus.
What We Offer:
At Doing Things, you make an immediate impact. Doing Things is a start-up made up of smart, talented and driven people looking for other potential team members with the same attitude of innovation and excellence. We offer incredible opportunities to learn and work on projects that are at the forefront of the internet media landscape and are transforming digital advertising. We offer competitive compensation that includes cutting edge work and the opportunity to join a rapidly growing startup with a proven product.
The base salary for this position at the time of posting will range from $75,000 to $85,000. Individual compensation varies based on job related factors, including business needs, experience, level of responsibility, and qualifications.
At Doing Things, we don’t just accept differences - we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our brands and our community. Doing Things is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Doing Things does not interview candidates via email and job offers are only extended after a thorough interview process involving phone and/or video interviews. If you receive a suspicious email regarding a position with Doing Things and/or a job offer, please do not respond. Forward that email to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Video Producer.
Powered by JazzHR
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MTU3MDpBcnhDOU96ZTRJ
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.