You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Senior Transportation Planner
Senior Transportation Planner
Join a leading transportation and transit planning company and advance your career! Foursquare Integrated Transportation Planning, Inc. (Foursquare ITP) is looking for qualified, motivated, passionate, and diverse candidates for Senior Transportation Planner positions. These positions provides the opportunity to contribute to a wide variety of transportation planning projects across the United States and working with some of the best and brightest in the industry.
Foursquare ITP’s transportation planning work is focused in the following areas:
- Transit Service Planning.
- Transit Operations and Facilities Planning.
- New Mobility.
- Regional and Statewide Planning.
- BRT, Bus Priority, and Corridor Planning.
- Transportation Demand Management.
- Micromobility and Active Transportation.
- Strategic and Financial Planning.
This work is supported by four cross-cutting teams focused on: Data Science, Design and Visualization, Public and Stakeholder Engagement, and GIS.
Foursquare ITP’s work is centered on our four core values, and we are looking for someone who lives these every day:
Passion for the Profession
Our success is rooted in our belief in and passion for our work, meeting all challenges with the appropriate set of skills, knowledge, and the desire to do our best.
Dedication to Our Clients
We approach our clients with integrity, open communication, and collaboration to ensure that their needs are being met. Each client receives the personal attention, respect, and high-quality work for which we are known.
Investment in Each Other
We respect all team members professionally and personally. We focus on continuous professional growth and improvement and promote a healthy balance between work and outside endeavors.
Our team is driven by a can-do spirit and a strong work ethic, applying our adaptability and resourcefulness to every task. We truly enjoy our work and bring a positive attitude that is evident in everything we do.
RoleYou will be responsible for leading tasks and projects in a variety of areas within transit and transportation planning. You will work as part of a team and will be responsible for leading teams and working with clients to deliver quality work in a collaborative process. Depending on your expertise, experience, and interests your work may be more or less focused in a particular service area or take a broad approach across multiple service areas. This is not an administrative position; Foursquare ITP senior planners and project managers must be strong transportation planners in their own right so they can develop methodology, mentor and train staff, perform business development, and contribute to analysis. Tasks may include data analysis and reporting, strategic and financial planning, performance measurement, innovative research, and meeting participation on a wide variety of transportation projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leads transportation planning projects, data analysis, and research
- Performs and oversees broad transportation planning tasks and assignments with complex features that require problem-solving, sound professional judgment, and identification of new methodologies when no precedent exists
- Completes and/or oversees analyses involving complex steps or processes; these may involve the use of challenging or flawed datasets and communication of methodological issues (strengths, weaknesses, etc.) with clients or others
- Delegates transportation planning tasks, reviews deliverables developed by more junior staff, provides clear feedback and direction, mentors and trains staff
Required Skills and ExperienceIn addition to having the appropriate training and skills, you must be a smart, motivated, self-starter who is passionate about transit and transportation planning and has excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Masters’ degree in civil engineering in transportation or related
- 18 months relevant experience
- Availability for occasional travel
Foursquare ITP enjoys a strong reputation and provides our team members the opportunity to work on a wide variety of high-visibility, high-impact projects. Our company conducts a broad range of transportation planning studies, with specific expertise in transit service and operations planning, corridor studies, multimodal access planning, transportation demand management, strategic planning and performance measurement, and bike share planning. Foursquare ITP is a woman-owned business based in downtown Washington, DC
The selected candidates for these positions must be located within commuting distance our DC office.
BenefitsIn addition to a competitive salary based on experience and qualifications we provide an extensive benefits package that includes:
- Liberal work from home policy.
- Choice of health insurance from 50+ plans. Foursquare ITP pays 100% of the employee’s health insurance premium for the reference plan, and subsidizes coverage for dependents.
- Company-funded Health Reimbursement Account.
- Eleven flexible paid holidays.
- Generous vacation leave.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Robust internal technical training program, along with peer-led trainings and knowledge sharing.
- Management training programs.
- Professional development opportunities and conference attendance.
- Paid membership to an industry organization.
- Performance-based bonus plan.
- Subsidized transit benefit.
- Generous short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account option.
- Complimentary personal financial planning through our benefits administrator.
- Paid cell phone plan.
- Semi-annual retreats with fun activities.
- Holiday/New Year party for all employees and their significant others.
- Summer picnic for all employees and their families.
Foursquare ITP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.
Powered by JazzHR
- Submittals (Construction)
- Engineering Procurement And Construction Management
- Professional Engineer
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MTU3MDp2Nnhqd2lzWFdy
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.