You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Nurse, Integrated Care ($500 Hiring Bonus)
The Integrated Care Nurse works closely with the integrated care health teams (i.e., psychiatrists, psychiatric and medical nurse practitioners, medical assistants, patient support specialists and social workers). The Integrated Care Nurse is a liaison between the primary care and behavioral health providers, ensuring patient care integration and facilitating communication between providers. The Integrated Care Nurse works with the care team to assist with direction of daily patient visits, assessment and triage, care coordination, and health education and information. The Integrated Care Nurse works collaboratively to assure the maintenance of a safe patient care environment, safe transitions in care both within Heartland Health Centers and with other community agencies, and contributions to quality assurance and other organizational activities as needed. The Integrated Care Nurse will provide patient-centered, trauma-informed services to patients with severe mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse/addiction disorders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Triages walk-in visits and telephone calls to the nurse line, facilitates medication refills,andadministers medications.
- Provides oversight in the coordination of referrals, including accessing necessary values and reports, providing information and support to patients and families, as well as to care teams. Will also work with care team staff to ensure appropriate follow up.
- Participates in required care team and other organizational meetings.
- Promotes health and well-being for patients and families by assessing health literacy, providing meaningful health information, and supporting self-management of chronic physical and mental illness.
- Supports Medical Assistants by providing information, ongoing development and training.
- Assures safe patient care environment. Oversees infection control practices, and management of the supply and store of medication, clinical supplies and equipment.
- Performs clinical patient visits that may include administering long-acting psychotropic injections, vaccines and other medications such as Depo, STI treatment; providing education and/or follow-up on diabetes care, asthma and/or other chronic diseases.
- Fosters relationships with community agencies, recovery counselors and nurses working on ACT teams.
- Additional responsibilities may include, based on the clinic site and care team, serving as the electronic medical record superuser and/or providing group health education.
- Active Illinois Registered Nurse License and CPR certification required prior to hire date.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
- Behavioral health experience required.
- Experience in community health, health education, care coordination and disease management preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2319978466
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.