You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Senior Software Engineer
Kargo unites the world's leading brands and premium publishers on mobile devices using innovative creative ad formats. At Kargo, we're all about bringing together the best of the best with a spark of creativity to stand out from the crowd. The same is true for our employees. What makes Kargo and each Kargo team member exceptional makes our company special. Kargo believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to diversity in the workplace. As an Equal Opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or other legally protected status. Individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Kargo is 400 employees strong across offices in New York City, Chicago, Austin, Dallas, Los Angeles, Sydney, Auckland, Ireland, and London. But we’re not stopping there, so stay tuned as we expand our map and our team.
For more information, visit Kargo at or follow Kargo on Instagram (), Twitter () and LinkedIn ().
Title: Senior Software Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: US/Remote
Summary of Job's Purpose: As a Senior Software Engineer at Kargo Commerce you will be a key part of one of our multidisciplinary platform teams which comprise of product management, project management, design, quality, frontend and backend engineering. Right now, we’re working on building cross-publisher solutions for our customers on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest & TikTok.
- Systems that help clients deliver millions of dynamic ads
- Integrations that optimise performance with trusted data sources, cleaning and analysing transaction data or repairing and decorating product data at scale
- Building the monitoring systems that allow us to respond decisively to changes
- processing billions of insight data points for our clients across their social media campaigns and presenting this data in formats that facilitate campaign optimisation
- Campaign workflows and efficiency enhancing features
You will be involved in the full lifecycle of platform development, from ideation to architectural decisions through to delivery of high quality, best in class product features which give our team and customers the edge in the market.
Your work will include mentoring other engineers and interviewing candidates. This is a chance to be an integral part of building and growing a team.
Required skills and competencies:
- Empathy and a deep respect for the power of collaboration.
- 5+ years of experience in a Software Engineering role.
- Strong knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle, including QA and deployment processes.
- Experience reviewing other developer’s code and mentoring more junior developers.
- Experience with modern front-end technologies (we prefer React) would also be beneficial.
- Experience with cloud technologies is a plus e.g. (AWS, Apache Airflow, Dockerized Kubernetes environments)
- Experience in working with product teams and designers to deliver a great experience to users or customers.
- Ability to take a loosely defined idea from the brainstorming phase to production, including the architecture plan, development, and testing process.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively.
- A learning mindset, regardless of level of experience.
Kargo and Kargo leadership are regularly recognized for the company’s growth and achievements, including:
- B&T’s Best Media Platform (2021)
- Digiday Awards’ Media Award for Best Digital Product Innovation (2021)
- Martech Breakthrough Awards’ Content Management Innovation (2021) (2017)
- Three MMA Smarties (2018)
- Adweek Innovative Mobile Ad Player (2017)
- Best Places to Work (2017)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary based on experience with annual compensation reviews.
- Unlimited PTO
- Benefits medical, dental, and vision (latter 2 fully paid by us!)
- 401K plan with full company match up to 4%
- The remote, WFH tech setup you need to be successful
- Fun, flexible, people-centric culture
Powered by JazzHR
- .Net Framework
- C Sharp (Programming Language)
- Java (Programming Language)
- Sql (Programming Language)
- Extensible Markup Language (Xml)
- Visual Basic (Programming Language)
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MTU3MDpodFlMWlFkS0dN
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.