You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Software Engineer Sr. Specialist
Job Title: Software Engineer Sr. Specialist
Job Code: IMS20232302-97631
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ or St. Petersburg, FL or Grand Rapids, MI
- Avionics Software Engineer
- Collaborate with Systems and HW functional leads to support full product lifecycle
- Interface to project leadership on software lifecycle aspects and represent organization in customer meetings and reviews.
- Performs software engineering tasks for CAS Avionics development projects in a dynamic environment.
- Tasks include working with a team of engineers developing and implementing software requirements, coding, and detailed design documentation. The role will encompass development perspectives of software requirements test cases, verification procedures, software branch coverage analysis, code debug, pre and post-integration test, internal and external problem report investigation, analysis, and resolution.
- Additional tasks will include generation of DO-178 documents, maintenance of in-house software tools and contributing to process improvement activities.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering required.
- 6 years of experience developing real time embedded software.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience developing with C programming language a plus.
- Previous experience with DO-178 development is highly desired.
- Experience with surveillance products such as Transponder, TCAS and/or TAWS
- Experience with Linux and COTS Real Time Operating Systems such as Green Hills, VxWorks.
- Knowledge of engineering design standards for commercial aviation industry a plus.
- Experience with C++, Python, Visual Basic, Pascal, Linux
- Experience with Configuration Management and Change Control Tools (such as Git, Bitbucket, ClearCase, ClearQuest)
- Written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and team-working skills required.
- Action oriented, results driven, high energy, self-starter, innovative with new approaches to design work, influential with peers and demonstrate critical thinking skills to drive to root cause.
- .Net Framework
- C Sharp (Programming Language)
- Java (Programming Language)
- Sql (Programming Language)
- Extensible Markup Language (Xml)
- Visual Basic (Programming Language)
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2323618229
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.