You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Accounting- Accounts Payable Rep I
Make a difference with a career in insurance
At The Cincinnati Insurance Companies, we put people first and apply the Golden Rule to our daily operations. To put this into action, were looking for extraordinary people to join our talented team. Our service-oriented, ethical, knowledgeable, caring associates are the heart of our vision to be the best company serving independent agents. We help protect families and businesses as they work to prevent or recover from a loss. Share your talents to help us reach for continued success as we bring value to the communities we serve and demonstrate thatActions Speak Louder in Person.
If youre ready to build productive relationships, collaborate within a diverse team, embrace challenges and develop your skills, then Cincinnati may be the place for you. We offer career opportunities where you can contribute and grow.
Start your journey with us
Hourly: The pay range for this position is $17.00 - $18.50 hourly. The pay determination is based on the applicants education, experience, location, knowledge, skills and abilities. Eligible associates may also receive an annual cash bonus and stock incentives based on company and individual performance.
Be ready to:
- code and enter invoices and check requests
- review expense reports for corporate policy compliance
- assist associates with expense report guidance and support
- request IRS W-9s and engage vendors with alternative payment methods
- recognize and apply sales and use tax
- facilitate daily credit card payments to vendors
- research and resolve vendor discrepancies
- communicate with vendors and company associates
- handle large volume workload while maintaining accuracy, organization, and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities within set deadlines
- assist with daily projects and other tasks when needed
Be equipped with:
- high level attention to detail
- knowledge of Accounts Payable practices and processes, including understanding of IRS reporting regulations
- strong written and oral communication skills
- strong organizational and time management skills
- has excellent customer service skills
- is team oriented
- takes initiative
- has strong problem solving, decision making, logical thinking and judgement skills
- technical aptitude
- Working knowledge of MicrosoftOffice and Outlook
- Chrome River experience a plus, but not required
- PeopleSoft Financials experience a plus, but not required
- High School diploma
- Accounts Payable experience highly preferred
Enhance your talents
Providing outstanding service and developing strong relationships with our independent agents are hallmarks of our company. Whether you have experience from another carrier or youre new to the insurance industry, we promote a lifelong learning approach. Cincinnati provides you with the tools and training to be successful and to become a trusted, respected insurance professional all while enjoying a meaningful career.
Enjoy benefits and amenities
Your commitment to providing strong service, sharing best practices, and creating solutions that impact lives is appreciated.To increase the well-being and satisfaction of our associates, we offer a variety of benefits and amenities. Learn more about our[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Accounting- Accounts Payable Rep Iand[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Accounting- Accounts Payable Rep Ipackages.
Many departments at our Headquarters in Fairfield, Ohio, offer hybrid work options, empowering associates to work from home several days a week. Depending on your role and responsibilities, hybrid options may be available.
Embrace a diverse team
As a relationship-based organization, we welcome and value a diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race; creed; color; sex, including sexual orientation, gender identity and transgender status; religion; national origin; age; disability; military service; veteran status; pregnancy; AIDS/HIV or genetic information; or any other basis prohibited by law.[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Accounting- Accounts Payable Rep I
- Customer Service
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Account Reconciliation
- Accounting Softwares
- Basic Accounting Principles
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2319842223
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.