You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Activities Specialist - COTA
Incumbent assists the Manager of Habilitation and Activities by delivering programs and activities that will support habilitation, wellness and recreation at Adult Day Health sites, in participants' homes and via telehealth. Under the supervision of the Manager of Habilitation and Activities, the Activities Specialist -COTA is responsible for completing a comprehensive assessment and providing an individualized treatment plan in accordance with each participant's physical, social, emotional, and spiritual needs. This position is located in Methuen, MA. Its full time Monday thru Friday 8am to 4pm with no weekend or holiday hours.
- Assists the manager in planning and developing programs and activities that support habilitation, wellness and recreation. Coordinates delivery of daily activities with fellow Activities staff.
- The Activities Specialist -COTA delivers daily activities directly to participants at ADH, in participants' homes and via telehealth.
- Daily travel between sites and visits to participants' homes. Assists with transportation safety.
-Provides coverage at other ADH sites as needed.
- The Activities Specialist -COTA implements appropriate interventions at ADH and participants' homes.
- Develops and writes periodic participant assessments, progress notes, and care plans according to organizational policies. Documentation is completed timely.
` Creates and maintains tracking spreadsheets. Compiles information for inclusion in monthly calendars, newsletters, and other reports.
- Plans and implements special events such as holiday parties, therapeutic outings, entertainment, and other recreational programs.
- Is prepared for and represents the Activities Department at IDT meetings. Communicates daily activity programming in addition to any changes in participants' plan of care.
- The Activities Specialist -COTA prepares for and participates in pre-enrollment meetings, care planning, debriefing, staff meetings, and discharge planning. Attends family meetings as necessary.
- May cover OT services at times under the direction of OT and according to OT practice as applicable.
- Basic computer skills for use of Outlook, Word, and an electronic medical record.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to pass a fit test. Position requires mask where seal is critical. Incumbent is required to not have facial hair that interferes with a tight seal of the respirator.
- Must have successfully completed an O. T. A. curriculum approved by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education, Inc. with a minimum of an Associate's Degree.
- Maintains current Occupational Therapy Assistant licensure in the Commonwealth of MA
- Maintains current CPR Certification
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience working with a geriatric population.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in program development.
- Ability to work within a team concept and to be considerate of co-workers and colleagues.
.- Proof of covid vaccines required
- Problem Solving
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2310344664
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.