You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Media Engineer II
Disney Media Engineers have a clear charter: to transform the capability and flexibility of how Disney acquires, produces, and distributes content worldwide, all while ensuring the highest levels of quality, efficiency, and resiliency.
Disney Media Engineers often find themselves at the crossroads between hardware and software-based technology. They must possess a comprehensive theoretical and practical understanding of the technology that powers the generation, monetization, and distribution of all forms of consumer-facing linear and digital video/audio content. Responsibility includes numerous systems such as Playout Technology, Studios, Production Control Rooms, Remote Production, Post-Production, Contribution/Distribution Systems, Networking, Cloud Compute, Production Software Virtual Environment, and more.
Be a part of the story, as a Media Engineer II and create hands-on sustainment and design/build experiences with the production, and distribution of linear or digital video/audio content. Media Engineer II’s primarily focused on the sustainability of our existing technology. They are the start of a tiered sustainment model where incidents are escalated from a shared operations team (tier 1) to the Media Engineer II’s (tier 2) and beyond. Additionally, while Media Engineer II’s are learning the nuances of Disney’s technology and learning to apply their own education and engineering experience, they will be asked to work on some system integration projects, documentation, and preventative engineering.
Media Engineer II’s use their experience to solve increasingly complicated issues without much support from more senior engineers and can easily perform integration tasks with little direction.
- Respond to and resolve issues that affect production, broadcast, and content distribution across multiple Company networks including system technical problems by conducting diagnostic testing, repair, and replacement activities necessary to solve routine, specialized, and complex problems.
- Utilize system health and performance monitoring software and platforms; troubleshoot and participate in repairing and maintaining systems, and install software patches, updates, etc.
- Execute & coordinate preventative and optimum performance maintenance on all broadcast systems and equipment, such as distribution systems, switchers, consoles, playout servers, cameras, robotics, electromechanical equipment, automation systems, and radio facilities.
- Manage third-party service providers by enforcing the agreed-upon scope of services (i.e., full-time, freelance, union agencies, maintenance providers, contractors, service providers, etc.).
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures regarding technology facilities with a focus on maximizing the integration of all businesses, marketing, and entertainment goals.
- Analyze and troubleshoot streaming audio/video signals in traditional SDI, IP 2110 essence flow routing environments, and cloud platforms as necessary.
- Provide operational support related to maintaining, and programming audio and video/distribution systems
- Perform upgrades to the system hardware, software workflows and complex engineering projects under the supervision of a more experienced engineer or supervisor.
- Conduct peer training and development sessions and any other duties needed to help achieve Business Objectives.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, growth environment with minimal direction, delivering under tight deadlines while multitasking, prioritizing projects, and communicating priority updates to team members.
- Operate with limited resources, with critical thinking, to creatively solve problems. Eternal optimist with a committed drive for contributing and making a difference.
- An influencer who is skilled in strategy, program, project, and event levels.
- 3+ years of previous and relevant experience in ensuring efficient sustainment, uptime, and overall stability of the technical environments of live media production and distribution environments.
- Proven track record for troubleshooting and sustaining production control systems such as Imagine Communications or Grass Valley automation systems, Wheatstone audio, Riedel Trunking, Lawo, Calrec, Evertz, Ross, and others...
- Scripting proficiency will be an advantage (Python, NodeJS, Bash, PowerShell)
- Proficient in SMPTE standards for broadcast television and video production/streaming environments. With a current certification such as not limited to ST 292M, ST 424M, ST 2110, ST 2059, IEE1588, ST 2022-7, SCTE-104, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with on-prem and cloud-based storage and compute infrastructure platforms. At least one foundational cloud certification is required, including but not limited to Microsoft Certified: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals, CompTIA Cloud+, AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate.
- Knowledge and experience with compression techniques such as MPEG2/4, HEVC, JPEG 2000, and JPEG XS.
- Knowledge and experience with Evertz software control systems such as frame control via VistaLink or Magnum, EQX/EXE routers, and their monitoring software VLPRO, SDVN, VIP, VUE, MVP.
- Knowledge and experience with major media systems and the vendors that supply them in areas such as asset management systems, file-based workflows, media acquisition, transcoding/encoding, graphics, and NAS/SAN technologies.
- Knowledge and experience with Nielsen (NACAT), VANC equipment, Linear Acoustics, and other related systems.
- Knowledge and experience with coordinated receiver decoders IRDs, core devices, edge devices, the timing of video and audio systems, audio, and video media file formats are a plus.
- Ability to create, read and interpret AutoCAD and other technical drawing/documentation tools.
- Physical requirements and work environment: Ability to climb ladders, work on raised structures and building roofs, operate areal lift platforms, and have a valid driver’s license.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering, computer science or equivalent major, and/or equivalent work experience.
The hiring range for this position in New York, NY is $73,390.00-$98,450.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
- Photographic Lighting
- Creative Writing
- American Psychological Style (Apa)
- Copy Editing
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2319956692
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.