You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist PD T3
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Complies with organizational rules, policies and procedures (i.e. JCAHO, Title 22, Regional and Department requirements).
- Evaluates patients pre-operatively by interviewing and examining patient; reviews chart for relevant information.
- In collaboration with the anesthesiologist selects anesthetic for patient based on pre-operative examination.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological maturation process in delivery of services to patients of each age group served: neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric.
- Selects anesthetic for patient based on pre-operative examination.
- Evaluates patient's response to pre-medication.
- Communicates with surgeon and anesthesiologist regarding special concerns of patient.
- Checks anesthesia equipment daily and between cases to assure safe operating condition.
- Prepares drugs for administration.
- Administers anesthesia in accordance with delineated clinical privileges and any conditions or restrictions imposed thereof.
- Monitors the patient intra-operatively.
- Evaluates operative and post-operative condition of patient and takes necessary action to maintain stability.
- Evaluates the patients postoperatively (within 24 hours).
- Precepts student nurse anesthetists.
- Maintains an accurate accounting of controlled substances in accordance with departmental guidelines.
- Maintains equipment and supplies as outlined in department policies and procedures.
- Complies with organizational rules, policies and procedures (i.e. JCAHO, CAC Title 22, Regional and Department requirements).
- Establishes and maintains courteous and cooperative relations when interacting with public, patients, staff, and other personnel.
- May perform other duties within scope of licensure/certification as required.
• Certification as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) approved and accepted by the State of California Board of Registered Nursing.
• Certification as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist issued by the Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists and/or Council on Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists.
• CRNA eligible and must achieve certification within five (5) months of date of program completion to continue employment.
• Valid BCLS card (American Heart Association).
• Valid ACLS (American Heart Association).
• Valid PALS card where required.
• Valid and current California RN license (Department Consumer Affairs).
• National Provider Identifier (NPI) required.
• CRNA's must demonstrate both technical/clinical and professional skill and ability along with all related techniques and procedures within the scope of practice as defined by the State of California Department of Consumer Affairs.
• Additional skills are required in charting and documentation, knowledge of equipment and supplies, productivity, job and personal maturity communication, and education and staff development.
- Recent (within past 2 years) OB experience required (including placement of epidurals).
- Variable shifts, days & hours
Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2319447581
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.