You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Instructional Designer/ Trainer
materials for all operating and administrative processes within the International Freight Forwarding Division based on input and direction from the subject matter experts regarding those processes and procedures (business users, business systems analysts, and leadership team). This position requires the capture and transformation of business and administrative processes and systems instructions into documents that will be referenced by the appropriate users within the Division. This individual will provide training to new hires or individuals changing positions within the Division
- Works closely with business leadership, SMEs and functional department heads to capture and document all processes for International Freight Forwarding systems
- Transforms processes and procedures accurately into written standard operating procedures and various types of training documentation for the business
- Creates and writes training materials, PowerPoint presentations, Online Training Courses, User Guides, Help Files and Standard Operating Procedures to include but not limited to:
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- User Guides
- Train the Trainer Documentation
- E-Learning Documents/Materials
- User Assessment Documents
- KPI - % individuals completing the training/ pass exam (if applicable)
- On Line Help Files
- IT Support Documents - To Be Provided to YLA On-Line Support Team for Real-Time User Assistance
- Validates written materials by performing steps in the actual systems.
- Provide training to the employees as they take on new assignments.
Able to assess the competency of the training and redirect students as necessary.Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications and/ or related field
- Business Process Experience/ understanding
- 2-4 years of experience in technical writing, training development, document management and/ or instructional design
- Excellent oral, written presentation skills
- Ability to drive long distances and/or travel overnight as required.
- Ability to work shifts of at least (8) hours, and occasionally longer, (5) days per week.
- Ability to receive and understand direction from supervision and management
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Understanding of CargoWise1 perferred. Essential Job Functions
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Work overtime as required/ assigned.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Interact with employees and customers in an appropriate manner.
- Review and analyze data and information concerning business processes and document to the level required.
- Plan, prioritize and monitor assignments given.
- Complete assigned tasks/projects in a timely manner.
Comply with all Company policies and proceduresThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.About Yusen Logistics (Americas )Yusen Logistics is working to become the world's preferred supply chain logistics company. Our complete offer is designed to forge better connections between businesses, customers and communities - through innovative supply chain management, freight forwarding, warehousing and distribution services. As a company we're dedicated to a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring everyone who works with us is committed, connected and creative in making us the world's preferred choice.Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.This job description is intended to set forth the core functions required for this position and describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job. Employees may be assigned additional responsibilities as necessary. The Company reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of the Company's business, competitive considerations or the work environment changes.
- Evaluate Training
- Deliver Learning Solution
- Develop Learning Solution
- Instructional Theory
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 9096_4255116242
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.