You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Weiss Memorial Hospital has been serving Chicago’s North Side and surrounding communities providing excellent health care services for over 60 years. We are a 236-bed, Joint Commission-accredited facility providing a full range of health care services to meet the needs of our diverse community. We have grown to better serve our community to include more than 450 doctors representing 42 medical specialties and more than 800 employees, all committed to providing you with personalized care. We are looking for exceptional people who share our mission and values to join our team!
**$5,000 Sign On Bonus***
Responsible for performing radiological diagnostic and CT services daily, according to protocols established by the Director. Obtains images of highest quality under minimal direction and supervision. Responsible for professional performance and decision making in accordance with the clinical, fiscal, and organizational objectives of the department and hospital.
- Completion of an Allied Health Education and an AMA approved program in Radiology.
- Current ARRT certification and IEMA licensure (or Registry eligible), Current advance CT certification (or obtained within the first three months of employment)
- CPR certification
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to handle information in a sensitive and tactful manner
JOB DUTIES (* denotes “essential function”)
1. Demonstrates the WSMC Customer Service Values, which are key in providing quality service to patients and customers. *
2. Positions, immobilizes, and performs patient studies according to the established “protocol” set by the Radiologist and as requested by referring physicians. *
3. Formulates appropriate questions for determining history and process for quality outcome. Makes judgments based on data collected. Uses data gained through assessment and collaboration with the health care team to develop a plan of care for each individual patient. Evaluates diagnostic images and CT scan results for consistent technical quality by visually analyzing the finished hard copy radiograph or digital information. Performs CT-Angiography and demonstrates ability to reconstruct images into 3D format according to protocol; Technical images, raw and reconstructed must be technically diagnostic for interpretation.
4. Prepares examination rooms according to department specific guidelines. Ensures adequate supplies and equipment for function of work area. Initiates work and supply orders. *
5. Schedules patients and provides age-appropriate explanation of procedures-preparation. Documents data on appropriate forms and enters information into the computer. *
6. Ensures the safety of patients, co-workers, and property, including the safekeeping and maintenance of confidential information. Participates in related annual reviews. *
7. Demonstrates responsibility for own professional practice and growth by ensuring clinical knowledge base and skills are maintained and enhanced. Supports and maintains current knowledge of organizational and unit policies and procedures. *
8. Actively participates in QA & I process. *
9. Other duties as assigned.
Weiss Memorial Hospital provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- American Registry Of Radiologic Technologists (Arrt) Certified
- Radiologic Technologist
- Basic Life Support
- Emergency Departments
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2319125985
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.