You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Vertical Launching System Production Analyst
Serco has a great opportunity for you to take a leadership role in supporting U.S. Navy Launcher System procurement for our ships and sailors. Join an integrated government-industry team in Arlington, Virginia to help translate technical requirements to contract specifications and to review documents for conformance to those specifications. Use your expertise and collaborative skills to positively impact our national defense and make a difference in the world’s greatest Navy.
Serco will provide technical support to its customer, a defense acquisition program management office, which is responsible for the development, acquisition, production, fielding, and lifetime support of surface ship launcher systems. This mid-level position has aspects of defense acquisition management, systems engineering, and other related skills.
Must have an Active DoD Secret security clearance with the ability to maintain per contract requirements.
In this role you will:
- Translate technical requirements to contract specifications to help develop statements of work for MK 41 VLS launcher and related production efforts under the guidance of a more experienced team member.
- Review Technical Data Packages (TDP) related to VLS production contracts for completeness.
- Review technical documents for conformance to the TDP.
- Support program office tasking related to acquiring complex Naval systems. Work will require coordinating and collaboration with staff from the program office, other contractors, system developer/manufacturer, and government field activities or labs.
- Manage schedules and plans of action related to system acquisition.
- Support senior government personnel and project managers in various acquisition and management activities related to production or in-service support. Assist in program office management of projects, tracking progress against schedules, coordinating accomplishment of actions, coordinating the development of proposed solutions to issues, managing risk, supporting meetings, and providing analysis of acquisition processes and progress on behalf of the government program management office.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Bachelor's degree and 5 to 7 year’s of related experience.
- Must have a current or active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Technical expertise in surface ship tactical systems.
- Knowledge of defense acquisition principles and practices.
- Familiarity with defense contracting.
- Advanced internal team communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Up to 10% travel may be required for this role.
Additional desired experience and skills:
- A technical degree in one of the STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) desired.
- Work experience may be adjusted based on an advanced degree. Degree requirements may be adjusted based on additional related experience, highly specialized knowledge, or uniquely applicable experience.
- Previous government program office experience.
- Experience in Navy surface launcher systems.
- Experience in Naval System production.
Take this opportunity to join a high-performing team, advance your career as a technical manager, and make a real difference supporting America’s Navy. Join the Serco team today!
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has over 9,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
To review Serco benefits please visit: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Vertical Launching System Production Analyst
If you require an accommodation with the application process please email: [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Vertical Launching System Production Analyst or call the HR Service Desk at
Serco does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies without being a contracted approved vendor. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Serco and will not be obligated to pay a placement or contract fee. If you are interested in becoming an approved vendor at Serco, please email [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Vertical Launching System Production Analyst.
COVID-19 Regulations: Serco complies with all applicable COVID-19 requirements. This may require employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, provide attestations regarding vaccination status and/or COVID-19 testing, or satisfy other conditions of employment that Serco deems appropriate, and employees may be required to show proof of vaccination and/or negative COVID-19 test results as a condition of employment (except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation).
- Provide Technical Assistance
- Software Development
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Systems Design
- Systems Analysis
- Requirements Analysis
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2317766240
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.