You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Lead AMHS SME
Empower AI is AI for government. Empower AI gives federal agency leaders the tools to elevate the potential of their workforce with a direct path for meaningful transformation. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Empower AI leverages three decades of experience solving complex challenges in Health, Defense, and Civilian missions. Our proven Empower AI Platform® provides a practical, sustainable path for clients to achieve transformation that is true to who they are, what they do, how they work, with the resources they have. The result is a government workforce that is exponentially more creative and productive. For more information, visit www.Empower.ai.
Empower AI is proud to be recognized as a 2022 Military Friendly Employer by Viqtory, the publisher of G.I. Jobs. This designation reflects the company’s commitment to hiring and supporting active-duty and veteran employees.
Empower AI: As the Lead AMHS SME, you will be a key member of the Empower AI team providing support to the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Joint Service Provider (JSP) on the Platform Services contract. JSP operates and defends the Department of Defense’s (DOD) key cyber terrain and provides information technology (IT) services to Pentagon and National Capital Region (NCR) customers. For Platform Services, Empower AI will provide an integrated, structured approach to operating, managing, and maintaining the JSP-supported infrastructure across all managed platforms, as well as assist in defining requirements for future upgrades and enhancements based on operational and customer trends. We will provide a unified approach to managing server, storage, and application resources (to include virtualized applications) at an enterprise level. In order to drive standardization in the hosting environment, Empower AI will assist customers, both external and internal, by moving applications to the JSP IT environments. This will allow JSP to offer services and infrastructure to customers via a Platform as a Service model, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) model, Desktop as a Service (DaaS) model, or at minimum, limit application deployments only to standardized servers.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Provide technical expertise in the architecture, deployment, and sustainment of multiple large, geographically dispersed, and clustered Enterprise OM Telos AMHS platforms.
- Perform system operation and administration of large-scale active-active geographical clusters using a Government-purchased clustering tool, such as Dell EMC AutoStart or Symantec Veritas Clustering Server and clustered applications for Microsoft Structured Query Language (SQL), Autonomy/Verity K2/IDOL and Telos AMHS platform.
- Provide, within the monthly IPR and in support of monthly metric collection, reports detailing total messages by organization and user for each AMHS.
- Respond to interruptions in message processing and AMHS outages to meet the continuous operation performance requirement.
- Manage and provide creation and maintenance of all profile query/agents to include Discretionary Access Control and Limited Distribution Control for filtering and dissemination of message traffic to customers’ preferred delivery points including bulletin boards and Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) addresses forwards/relays.
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer engineering, computer information systems, telecommunications, or management information systems, and 2 - 5 recent years of documented experience relevant to this key position.
- Information Assurance (IA) Certification: DoDI 8570 IAT II certification.
- Computing Environment (CE) Certification: Recent and relevant technical certification.
- Top Secret security clearance.
- Demonstrated direct experience with enterprise clustered AMHS.
- Demonstrated experience in computer system engineering, hardware and software analysis, system installation, integration, implementation, and system maintenance.
- Oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate technical subjects to nontechnical staff are required.
- Demonstrated minimum five years’ experience to include the following computer related areas: Telos AMHS platform; Networks, Servers, Storage Area Networks, and systems management; telecommunications; directory systems; Public Key Infrastructure, IT customer support and training; computer server and workstation installation, diagnosis and repair; technical writing; computer security; knowledge management; database administration, design and management; system maintenance; information technology project management; design and implementation of geographically distributed information systems; computer scripting; Information System Testing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a range of current information technologies, computing platforms, and network systems, such as: cloud computing, blade server, virtualization, unified communications, collaboration tools, cryptographic systems, business intelligence systems, WEB 2.0, social networks tools, enterprise services bus.
- 3 years’ experience securing Operating Systems to comply with DISA STIGs; network experience configuring and maintaining desktop firewalls.
- Experience configuring security policies to protect system applications.
- Experience analyzing on-going changes that are published in HBSS-specific STIGs and applying the appropriate policies and configuration changes to bring JSP systems into compliance with USCYBERCOM policies.
- Demonstrated ability for oral and written communication with the highest levels of management.
- ITILv4 certification
- Sitting for long periods
- Standing for long periods
- Ambulate throughout an office
- Ambulate between several buildings
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as required
- Travel by land or air transportation 25% or less
About Empower AI
It is the policy of Empower AI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Empower AI is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Software Development
- Systems Integration
- Application Development
- Business Requirements
- Requirements Elicitation
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2317769799
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.