You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Software Engineer Manager
Sunlighten is looking for a Software Engineer Manager to join our growing IT department. This person will be instrumental to the success of Sunlighten's internal and external systems, end-users, and stakeholders. Our Software Engineer Manger is chiefly responsible for analyzing and modifying existing software, and designing, constructing, and testing end-user applications to meet user and customer needs and requirements. You will be the lead software engineer on internal development projects, you will work directly with IT team and key stakeholders in discovery sessions to scope and deliver on requests, and work to continuously optimize systems and development efforts.
Sunlighten has the lofty yet simple promise to help people feel better and do more of what they love. It’s what drives us every day. For over 20 years, Sunlighten has been the leader in infrared saunas, which have been shown through clinical trials to help people feel better and achieve their health and wellness goals. Because the health and wellness industry is on pace to generate over 4 trillion dollars globally this year, Sunlighten continues to grow rapidly. We are expanding in new markets globally and our teams are constantly improving and developing our product line.
- Oversee and manage all design and development of software applications, dotted line management to Director of Development, ensuring best practices
- Work cross-departmentally with Director of Development, Administration, IT, Business Intelligence, and others including third-party developers
- Oversees and manage Data Architecture of software and systems to ensure BI Team is extracting key data points and validating data throughout our workflows and systems for Business Intelligence
- Overseeing & managing 3rd party integrations and engineering
- Overseeing & managing 3rd party developers on ERP Integrations, system enhancements, and continued process improvement
- Ensure projects are done within the project scope and specifications
- Responsible for engineering of software development on applications and internal and external systems and applications, modeling, simulation, testing, QA and object-oriented designing.
- Document, diagram, troubleshoot and resolve applications and report data integrity issues, including documenting changes, and logging changes for communication.
- Develop, test, and deploy enhancements to existing and future systems and software.
- Provide domain knowledge of systems and working flows to 3rd party vendors, IT team and Developers to support development efforts. Analyze systems and integrations to identify issues and common patterns and develop standard operating procedures for software integrations.
- Work with IT Project Manager, to ensure Sunlighten IT implements standardized processes, and documents requirements, workflows, and deliverables.
- Administrator of Sunlighten Development and liaison for Director of Development and IT Director, including India Development roles, budgeting IT security, resource alignment and procurement.
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience.
- Experience and proficiency with NetSuite or Inventory Management Systems and Salesforce
- Experience with databases, servers, warehouses, ETL tools, and data source connections through multiple sources including custom API’s
- Software integration experience including with custom, managed packages, and bundle installations
Location and Education Requirements:
- Must be located in or willing to relocate to the Overland Park, KS area to work from our HQ daily
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- At least 2 years of experience with software and data engineering. (Equivalent part-time employment will be considered to meet experience requirements. Qualifying experience may be acquired during academic studies.)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Four Flexible Spending Account Options
- 401(k), with Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development and Tuition Reimbursement
- Private, Fully Equipped Fitness Center on site
- Associate Discounts on Saunas, Day Spa Services, and Related Products
- Lunch Program (featuring James Beard award-winning Chef that cooks lunch four times a week)
Sunlighten provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Sunlighten is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
- Application Development
- Problem Solving
- Information Technology
- Operating Systems
- Agile Software Development
- Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2308266415
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.