You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Cost Accounting Manager
Consolidated Machine & Tool (CMT) and its 13 locations specialize in precision machining, fabrication, and assembly of highly engineered components. With over
The Cost Accounting Manager
Key areas of focus include:
- GAAP Inventory Accounting, Controllership & Operations Control.
- ERP Utilization, Administration, and Reporting.
- Job Cost Analysis & Quoting Validation.
- Manufacturing and Overhead Cost Analysis.
- Reporting to Management on Customer/Program Profitability.
*This is not a remote position. This position works a schedule of Monday thru Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm. The salary range for this position is between $110,000 - $115,000/year depending on experience.*
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Define and deploy policies and procedures to ensure:
- Costs are properly allocated to work orders for accurate work-in-process and job cost reporting.
- Finished goods and raw material inventory counts and values are accurate.
- Identify and address slow-moving inventory.
- Train managers and employees on how to allocate costs to work orders properly.
- Create an auditing process to verify that data collection and cost allocations are recorded correctly.
- Implement a process utilizing the existing ERP system to identify products that are being produced below margin expectations.
- Work with site leadership and our operations team to measure and track progress as they correct low-margin programs.
- Compute direct labor and manufacturing overhead rates for each location regularly and update all relevant ERP, quoting, and accounting systems with the new rates.
Experience, Qualifications, and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in accounting is required; MBA, CPA, and CMA certifications are viewed as a plus.
- 5+ years of ledger accounting, managerial accounting, or costing in a manufacturing business is required.
- Experience working in a CNC Manufacturing setting a plus.
- Must have a strong understanding of GAAP Accounting.
- Must have a strong understanding of inventory costing methods (Actual, Standard, etc.).
- Must possess strong computer skills and be a self-starter, detailed, and task-oriented.
Benefits and Perks
Our comprehensive benefits package includes, but is not limited to, a competitive pay rate, accrued Paid Time Off, paid holidays, 401(k) with company match, health, dental, and vision insurance as well as Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and life/AD&D insurance. Employee Only Dental coverage, Long-Term Disability, and life/AD&D insurance is employer paid.
Consolidated Machine & Tool and all of its locations are a drug-free workplace / Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person's sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, disability, race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Powered by JazzHR
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MTU3MDpFWktabHZ4a1RG
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.