You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Automotive Technician - Experienced Auto Mechanic
WE'RE EXPANDING AND HIRING AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIANS! COME GROW WITH US!
AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIANS/MECHANICS QUALIFY FOR ASE SPONSORSHIP UPON COMPLETION OF TRAINING COURSEWORK!!!!
- FLAG HOURS? HOW MANY CAN YOU ACCUMULATE IN A WEEK!?!?! WE GOT EM'!
- UP TO $42 PER FLAG RATE FOR THE MOST QUALIFIED TECHNICIANS!
- SUNDAYS OFF FOR FAMILY TIME!
- PAID VACATION and HOLIDAYS OFF!
- MEDICAL, VISION, DENTAL & LIFE INSURANCE ARE AVAILABLE!
* With flat rates based on experience, flat rates from $30/hr. to over $50/hr,, our Technicians Earn $70,000 -- $170,000+ ANNUALLY *
Duties/Responsibilities for Automotive Technician/Mechanic
- Maintain our customer’s vehicles.
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance.
- Perform tests on specific parts and systems to ensure proper function.
- Identify mechanical problems either visually or through diagnostics.
- Examine critical parts and systems using a standard checklist.
- Repair or replaces malfunctioning parts and systems such as brake pads, belts, water pumps, transmissions, and other mechanical parts.
- Plan and establish a timetable to complete repairs and maintenance.
- Provide timely communication with management and team members regarding the status and applicable needs.
- Record and report any damage to the company or customer property immediately.
- Test drive vehicle to confirm safe and proper operation.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills/Abilities for Automotive Technician/Mechanic
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of vehicle repair.
- Excellent mechanical repair skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read service and repair manuals.
- Proficient with computer diagnostic equipment, flow charts, and software.
- Ability to work well independently or in a team environment
- Good communication skills.
- Good organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Tools and transportation are a must.
- Valid driver’s license
- ASE certifications are a plus!
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Vocational/technical school program or apprenticeship in auto repair or related field required.
- Two years of related experience preferred.
- Commercial driver’s license may be required.
- Physical Requirements for Automotive Technician/Mechanic
- Must be able to bend, stretch, kneel, and squat to perform repairs and inspections.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at times.
- Must be able to work safely in a noisy area with many odors present.
WHAT WE OFFER OUR EMPLOYEES
- We pride ourselves on a family-oriented culture
- We have designed a lucrative pay structure based on performance incentives and production
- Drive can provide growth within a multi-state organization
- Employees at every level will have opportunities for their own personal advancement
- ASE Training & Development Programs
- Paid Time off
Drive Automotive Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Powered by JazzHR
- Replace Damaged Component
- Change Oil
- Repair Suspension
- Utilize Painting Technique
- Perform Automotive Maintenance
- Use Diagnostic Tool
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MTU3MDplajdxbjVEMnBu
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.