You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Plasma Center Nurse- EMT
Plasma Center Nurse (MSS)
About BioLife Plasma Services
Every day, the donors you meet will motivate you. The high-quality plasma you collect will become life-changing medicines. Here, a commitment to customer service and quality is expected. You will report to the Plasma Center Manager and will perform as a Medical Support Specialist (Plasma Center Nurse) to support plasma center operations.
BioLife Plasma Services is a subsidiary of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd.
About the role:
Every day, the donors you meet will motivate you. The high-quality plasma you collect will become life-changing medicines. Here, a commitment to customer service and quality is expected. You will determine donor eligibility to donate plasma, management of donor adverse events, review of laboratory test results, and donor notification of unsuitable test results. The Medical Support Specialist (Plasma Center Nurse) works under the guidance of the Center Manager (or Assistant Manager as applicable) for operational guidance and under the management of the Center Physician for medical issues. The Medical Support Specialist will be familiar with regulations of the plasma collection industry or a manufacturing environment. The Medical Support Specialist follows guidance provided by BioLife Medical Affairs and provides center level support of environmental, health and safety (EHS).
How you will contribute
- You will determine donor eligibility; to include, proper management of informed consent, AIDS education and confidential self-exclusion, medical history interview and acceptance requirements, physical examination, blood testing, and reviewing Serological Protein Electrophoresis (SPE).
- You will evaluate donor reaction(s), which occurs at the facility as outlined in the SOPs. Follow applicable SOPs for medical emergencies including the development of Center Physician's standing orders and donor transport to emergency care facilities.
- You will refer to the Center Physician or Medical Affairs (as applicable) when in need of providing unacceptable findings to donors, or guidance concerning medical or technical issues, including donor safety and eligibility.
- You will support the Hepatitis B and Seasonal Flu vaccination programs for employees as applicable.
- You will manage employee incidents and determine whether further evaluation is required by occupational health/ER. Refer to EHS guidance regarding employee incidents.
- You can be a Pandemic Coordinator when authorized by EHS and support investigations associated with pandemic threats within the local community as indicated by EHS or Medical Affairs.
What you bring to Takeda:
- High school diploma or equivalent to including graduate equivalent of a recognized educational nursing program with state requirements
- Currently licensed or certified in the state where responsibilities will be assigned: EMT-Paramedic
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and AED certification
- Fulfill state requirements (in state of licensure) for basic IV therapy
- Satisfactorily complete the FDA approved training requirements for BioLife Medical Support Specialist
- Two years in a clinical or hospital setting
What Takeda can offer you:
Every day at Takeda, we feel good knowing that what we do helps improve the lives of patients with rare diseases. At BioLife, while you focus on our donors, we will support you. We offer a purpose you can believe in, a team you can count on, opportunities for career growth, and a comprehensive benefits program to include medical/dental, paid time off and retirement benefits, all in a fast-paced, friendly environment.
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to bring Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
LocationsUSA - MI - Flint
Time TypeFull time
- Electronic Medical Record
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Life Support
- Automated External Defibrillator
- Basic First Aid
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: gdtsxfx
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.