You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Technical Sales Associate
Function & Responsibility
Provides technical engineering support for TLI catalog components, modified catalog components, as well as custom/special products.
Interfaces directly with customers on all product applications requirements and is responsible for cost estimating and development of quotations/technical proposals.
- Interfaces directly with customers providing pre and post-sales support.
- Has knowledge and understanding of vacuum industry standards, practices, applications and requirements.
- Has knowledge and understanding of basic fabrication practices (machining & welding).
- Reviews blueprints, plans, and other customer input to develop and prepare quotations.
- Interfaces with engineering and manufacturing proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services which results in cost reduction and/or operational improvement.
- Helps to develop quoting process standards and coordinates validation of outcome once jobs are closed.
- Provides technical services to clients relating to use, operation, and maintenance of components.
- Manages projects, providing direction to engineering, planning, and manufacturing departments on issues concerning product specifications.
- Provides technical training to customer service representatives.
- Interfaces with suppliers and develops new sourcing partners as needed to reduce costs of purchased goods.
- Develops cost analysis once product ships to determine projected goals have been met.
- Utilize company software and other means to develop costs, product structure and routings to ensure manufacturability.
- Develop technical documentation as needed in support of catalog, web and technical manual publications.
- Attends trade shows as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ability to work with team members
- Ability to work directly with customers
- Ability to focus attention on details
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Proficient in PC computer skills
- Bachelor's degree in business management, engineering, physics, or a related combination of education and related work experience
- 3-5 years of experience in handling the responsibilities outlined above
- Health, dental & vision
- Life insurance
- Business Development
- Customer Service
- Stock Merchandise
- Operate Cash Register
- Sales Management
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: gdtsxzj
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.