You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Vice President of Engineering
Baxter Talent is recruiting a VP of Engineering for a leading-edge aerospace manufacturer located in Dallas, TX.
The VP of Engineering will be responsible for executing engineering projects and processes, leading new product development activities, maintaining regulatory compliance, coordinating international engineering sites, and developing and supervising strategies and policies for the engineering organization.
The ideal candidate will have a BS in Engineering with an emphasis on hardware and software development of aviation and/or communications products, 10+ years of leadership experience in electrical and mechanical product development, experience in AGILE and aviation software and complex hardware, direct knowledge of SMT prototyping, experience in product development in a regulated product industry, and formalized problem-solving skill sets.
- Execute engineering projects and processes on-time and on-budget
- Assign and oversee personnel for technical studies, product design, testing, and preparation of specifications and plans
- Drive down unit manufacturing costs while maintaining adherence to regulations and safety margins
- Provide clear communication and feedback between engineering and sales teams
- Report on project milestones and adjust schedules and resources as needed
- Coordinate resources between international engineering sites
- Ensure timely and successful launch of new products with Production
- Work with supply chain management to ensure continuity of supply
- Identify and resolve component/subassembly obsolescence through redesign and recertification
- Ensure continuity of production with quality organization, factory, and subcontractors
- Identify and analyze trends in field failures with quality organization, R&O group, and authorized service centers
- Secure and maintain international certifications for products as needed
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales to prioritize product development roadmap
- Develop and supervise strategies, policies, budgets, and operating plans for the Engineering organization
- Streamline engineering processes and work instructions for efficiency and adherence to quality systems
- Develop processes for systems engineering, including requirement decomposition, compliance methods, and design verification
- Supervise a team of engineers and make and approve financial decisions, including hiring employees
- Communicate the strategic vision to directors and managers and ensure alignment with company goals
- Possess a strong work ethic and drive to succeed in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
Interested in learning more?
Send us your resume!
Powered by JazzHR
- Professional Services
- User Interface
- New Product Development
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MTU3MDpwUm93R29Gc1Rl
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.