You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Virtual School Assistant Director '23-'24
Pathways Virtual Academy (PVA)Assistant Director 2023-2024 school year
We are seeking teachers who are excited to create a fun yet rigorous virtual classroom environment that prioritizes student learning and social-emotional development. Pathways Virtual Academy
*Because we are headquartered in Texas, we teach to Texas educational standards. However, students and teachers may apply from anywhere in the United States.
Assist the Executive Director in overall administration of instructional program and school level operations. Oversee assigned student activities and services.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree required
- State Level Standard Principal, Mid-management or Professional Mid-Management Certification preferred
- Demonstrates knowledge of school operations
- Exhibits effective human relations and communication skills
- Possesses skill in planning, organizing and facilitating instruction
- Ability to coordinate school support operations
- Minimum of two (2) years of classroom experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience preferred
- Experience in a virtual education setting preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in developing and establishing school goals and objectives and in the planning of the schools’ instructional program
- Assist in implementing student orientation and registration activities
- Assist by providing direction to staff in implementing goals and objectives and interacts and meets with staff to assist in their development
- Assist by defining and disseminating information about school disciplinary policies and procedures to parents, students, staff and community
- Assist in the evaluation of the school program and staff and assist in initiating needed improvements
- Communicates and carries out established policies, delegates and accepts responsibility for completion of tasks and communicates program goals, objectives and policies to staff and to the community
- Assists in completion of records and reports
- Assist Executive Director with interviewing, selecting and orienting new staff as well as management of the school in the absence of the Director
- Promotes and maintains open communications, positive student attitudes, respects dignity and worth of staff and students and complies with established lines of authority
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Share supervisory responsibility for professional staff with Executive Director. Supervise teachers, student advisors, paraprofessionals, clerical personnel and others as assigned.
*This is a fully remote position.
*Must have own computer for video conferencing (a technology/supply stipend will be provided each semester).
Pathways Virtual Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Interpersonal Skills
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MzExMzo1Nzc3NjQtMTA4MjI3Mg
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.