You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Physician Assistant Job Description
The primary purpose of the Physician Assistant (PA) position is to provide outstanding clinical care to kids, adolescents, and adults at Brave in our Columbia, MO office and to future satellite locations, including telehealth. The psychiatric physician assistant will collaborate and coordinate care with our psychiatrist, therapists, and staff to ensure the care and well-being of our clients. When a patient/client needs additional services such as counseling, the psychiatric physician assistant will refer them to our clinicians at Brave to provide care and/or appropriate referrals.
Position Highlights & Benefits:
- NO On-Call!
- NO overnight/weekend shifts required!
- $90k+ with the ability to scale
- Generous PTO
- Medical Health Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance provided
- DEA Licensure sponsorship and fee provided
- Retirement Plan
- Quarterly Massages
- Professional headshots/photography
- CME stipend
- Collaborative environment
- Open to helping create and run specialized sessions or innovative services
- Opportunities for Growth & Leadership
- Active, unrestricted license (PA) in the State of Missouri (must be fully licensed)
Schedule & Hours:
We will help you to determine a schedule that works with your work-life balance needs. Productivity expectation of 30 billable hours per week. Hours of operation are Monday through Sunday, 8 AM to 10 PM with a minimum of 15 hours of those held during “peak hours” (defined as Monday through Friday between 4 pm to 9 pm or Weekends). Periodically, employees may be asked to flex their work hours to evenings or weekends to accommodate special events.
Our ValuesOur practice ensures EVERYONE has a safe place to share their concerns. Brave’s essential core values are inclusion and acceptance. We are committed to creating a safe, warm, and welcoming space for ALL. We are allied with people from all walks of life. What does an “ally” mean to us? Being an ally means all of our providers create a safe, accepting, non-judgmental place for our clients to heal. We’ve taken this a step further by being informed.
- Privacy, Discretion, Confidentiality
- Warm Welcoming Environment
- Meaningful Connections
- Equality, Diversity, Inclusion, Social Justice
- Dignity, Compassion, Respect
- Quality, Consistency, Transparency
- Sex Positive, Kink Positive, and Diverse Relationship
You will be an ideal candidate for this position if you have…
- Alignment with Brave’s mission, vision, and values.
- Personal Characteristics & Values. Trustworthy, honest, dependable, and reliable. Excited about joining an organization that is making a positive impact, where you can make a meaningful difference in people’s lives. You’re passionate about your work.
- Growth Mindset. We believe our skills, abilities, and talents can be developed with time, effort, persistence, determination, and support.
- Innovative. We embrace new opportunities and challenges; set ambitious goals; encourage creativity, out-of-the-box thinking, and calculated risk-taking with the understanding, not everything we try will work out; acknowledge when it's working and pivot when necessary.
- Strong Worth Ethic. Committed to consistently attending work on time, prepared, and determined to strive towards excellence.
- Drive and Motivation. Internally motivated and committed to doing excellent work even when no one is watching.
- Critical Skills. Highly detailed, extremely detail-oriented, organized, task-oriented, proactive, and a self-starter. Able to learn in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong Project Management Skills. Able to create realistic goals and develop effective strategies leading to positive outcomes.
- Accepting & Compassionate. Our clients are diverse and come from all walks of life.
- Exceptional Communication Skills. Ability to communicate clearly, both written and verbal. Ability to use healthy assertive communication. Ability to have difficult conversations and make tough decisions. Ability to give and take direct and constructive feedback and run with it.
- Client Experience & Customer Service. Prioritizes the needs of our clients. Goes above and beyond to create a positive experience from the first impression to the last.
- Positive Can-Do Attitude. Always able to see ways to overcome obstacles and persevere in any situation. Inspires others with your positive energy & enthusiasm.
- Works Independently and Collectively. At your best when you’re surrounded by a team of hardworking, motivated colleagues who are doing their best and want to help you do the same. You appreciate the independence and autonomy to complete tasks and achieve desired goals and outcomes. You have the ability to identify and fix problems independently.
- Commitment & Work Culture. Interested in a long-term position with a close-knit team of collaborative colleagues who are committed to learning, laughing, growing together, and supporting each other in reaching our personal and professional goals.
- Location & Work Environment. The primary office location will be in Columbia, MO. This position is a hybrid position that requires you to complete tasks in-person and virtually.
This position is not right for you if you’re:
- Someone who has a “clock in and out” mentality–meaning you don’t feel a passion for our mission, vision, values, and the clinical work you will be doing.
- Someone who’s not a team player doesn’t work collaboratively and doesn’t like to hop in and help others on the team be successful.
- Someone who wants to own their own business in the near future. If that’s you, awesome! But we’re not the place for you. We are deeply loyal and dedicated to the personal and professional growth of each person on our team. We go above and beyond to provide support, autonomy, flexibility, the space to be creative, and access unique opportunities. We invest our time, energy, and resources to see you personally succeed as we work together to create a powerful impact in the lives of our clients and within our communities. The ideal person is also excited to invest their time and energy in Brave.
- Emergency Departments
- Basic Life Support
- Operating Theater
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Outpatient Surgeries
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2311819394
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.