You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Director Federal Program Management
About LumenLumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Director, Public Sector Program Management for Civilian is responsible for aligning the people, processes, measurements, standards, and efforts across the Lumen service delivery chain, including network engineering, design, equipment, network construction, service delivery, and assurance. The team executes multiple simultaneous activities in project management (technical and non-technical), network deployments and sustainment, with significant customer and Lumen management coordination and interaction required to successfully direct contract performance.
The Main Responsibilities
• Provide oversight, coordination, and implementation of program requirements
• Plans, integrates, and directs cross-functional customer engagements at all levels by non-sales and sales teams to grow the business and ensure customer satisfaction; responsible for a holistic approach to the development of program solutions and process, enabling and equipping innovation
• Develop instrumentation approach for the business to assess performance vs. targets, refine strategic vision and identify additional areas for improvement, including all key leading indicators from a financial and operational perspective; provide analysis and implement actions on metrics to enhance productivity
• Develops and drives customer engagement at executive level to ensure customer driven methodologies, procedures, and systems in assigned programs and achieve a second-to-none customer experience; direct interface to the customer and Lumen senior leadership on service-related issues
• Manage complex spend plans and ensures aspects of the program are operating within established budgets
• Assess and mitigate operational risks and issues, applying corporate resources and escalating to upper management as required
• Provide guidance to assess and mitigate operational risks and issues
• Address key issues in organizing teams and determine methods for working with executive management, customers, and project stakeholders to foster effective communications on programs and/or projects
• Develops and oversees a personnel development plan that ensures team members maintain and expand technical knowledge and skill sets
• Motivate, coach, and develop program management individual contributors and managers, resolve organizational conflict, remove implementation delivery and revenue generating barriers, and provide positive recognition and feedback to employees and ecosystem partners.
What We Look For in a Candidate
• 12+ years leadership experience with Bachelor of Science degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline or equivalent work experience, 10+ years with Master’s degree.
• Minimum 8-10 years’ experience with preferred focus in Program/Project management, leading large organizations, operational support, technology implementation, and/or managing complex networks.
• Full life-cycle development, a demonstrated ability to provide guidance and direction, proven experience in management and control of funds and resources, with demonstrated ability to manage multiple, concurrent tasks
• Industry certifications preferred such as Project Management Professional (PMP), Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) foundation, etc.
• Strong written and verbal communication, persuasion, and analytical problem-solving skills. Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, SharePoint, Project, and PowerPoint) required.
• Ability to build and maintain a constructive team spirit where team members are committed to the goals and objective. Proven ability to form and develop teams to achieve cooperation and synergy in a matrixed environment. Evidence of ability to shape teams with a commitment to company core values that outperform expectations with respect to assigned goals and objectives.
• Ability to travel 20%
Requisition #: 326101
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. More information on what’s included in these checks can be found in the Post Offer section of our [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director Federal Program Management. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director Federal Program Management We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director Federal Program Management
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
- Quality Management
- Benchmarking (Project Management)
- Business Process Improvement
- Program Management
- Team Building
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 326101
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.