You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Embedded Software Engineer
Embedded Software Engineer - Lenexa, Kansas - Onsite
- Lead software engineering project teams to develop new and innovative medical devices
- Design and implement reusable high-quality software that meet the business and technology requirements
- Contribute to all phases of the software life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, test coordination, release, support, and documentation
- Provided mentorship and guidance to design engineers
- Develop internal tools to improve software engineering effectiveness
- Ensure regulatory compliance during development of software for standards such as IEC 62304, IEC 60601-1, and other applicable FDA guidance
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years developing C/C++ in an Embedded environment on Microprocessors or Microcontrollers
- Proven success in leading software development teams in new product development projects
- Experience developing embedded systems (i.e. microcontroller based custom products and custom electronics)
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
- Knowledge and exposure to basic hardware design and ability to read schematics
- RTOS embedded software development knowledge
- Strong knowledge of software development tools (IDEs, compilers, linkers, debuggers)
- Ability to develop a software architecture and detailed design with supporting descriptions and diagrams
- Familiarity with embedded wireless systems
- Experience mentoring design engineers
- Experience in a regulated environment such as Medical Device or Aerospace is a plus
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Software Engineering
- C++ (Programming Language)
- Java (Programming Language)
- System Programming
- C Sharp (Programming Language)
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2308170894
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.