You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
HSCPC Staff Pharmacist, PRN
Staff pharmacists review, assess, approve and fill orders for oral, parenteral and enteral medications, monitor patient's drug therapies, and provide drug information. Staff pharmacists supervise and direct support personnel. In the absence of the pharmacy manager, a staff pharmacist may be required to assume the essential responsibilities and perform the duties of the pharmacy manager. The pharmacists may be assigned other duties by the director as deemed necessary.
Qualifications:Minimum EducationDoctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) (Required)
Minimum Work Experience1 year hospital experience preferable with pediatric patients, and familiarity with unit dose, IV. Admixtures, and pharmacy computer systems. (Required)
Required Licenses and CertificationsPharmacist Register Pharmacist in the District of Columbia. (Required) fully accredited by the Accreditation for pharmacy Education (ACPE). (Required)
Job FunctionsEssential job duties:
- Prepares and dispenses medication orders per physician request according to established policies, procedures and protocols.
- Review and verify computerized order entry (CPOE) medication orders accurately, and responsible for the safe, effective and cost effective selection and utilization of medication for the patient.
- Compounds and dispenses pharmaceuticals, including sterile and parenteral nutrition products accurately.
- Issues controlled substances to patient care areas and maintains records as required by law.
- Ensures safe, appropriate cost effective medication therapies for patients according to established policies, procedures and protocols.
- Monitors drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, allergies, and appropriateness of drug and dose.
- Assists with drug dosing per organizational protocol.
- Reviews/interprets culture and susceptibility data for antibiotic appropriateness and recommends changes, as needed.
- Reads, extracts, and interprets information in patient charts accurately.
- Detects and reports adverse drug reactions accurately and in a timely manner.
- Sustains the formulary by minimizing non-formulary procurements, utilizing therapeutic substitution protocols, and promoting rational drug therapy selection.
- Provides clinical consultation and clarification to practitioners. Suggests appropriate, cost-effective therapeutic alternatives to medical staff, as needed.
- Provides accurate, adequate, and timely drug information to the professional staff.
- Provides drug information to patients and their families.
- Documents all clinical activities and interventions accurately and completely.
- Participates in the performance improvement and medication use review activities of the department. Collects data, conducts quality monitors and inspections, and maintains logs, records, and other documentation as assigned.
- Participates in the development and presentation of orientation, education, and training programs to the pharmacy, medical, nursing, and other staffs.
- Contributes to the quality and effective operation of the department.
- Supervises and directs support personnel. Verifies the daily activities of pharmacy technicians. Participates in the performance appraisal of pharmacy support personnel.
- Works independently with minimal supervision. Organizes and prioritizes work assignments. Ensures pharmacy services are provided in a timely manner.
- Completes and documents inspections of all assigned medication storage areas at least monthly. Identifies and replaces outdated and unusable drugs.
- Answers the telephone, identifying self and department. Directs calls to appropriate personnel. Answers requests at the window.
- Keeps pharmacy areas and equipment clean, neat, and well organized.
- Performs essential duties of the pharmacy director in his/her absence.
- Maintains competence required for current job title/position.
- Maintains current pharmacist license.
- Attends pharmacy staff meetings.
- Attends orientation, education, and training programs. Reviews literature and other materials pertinent to the practice of pharmacy.
- Completes all competence/skills assessment requirements
- Demonstrates understanding of quality of service and collaborates with co-workers to ensure excellence standard is achieved
- Innovates through improvement of care and/or efficiency of operational processes.
- Dedicated to a standard of performance excellence and high quality
- Embraces changes/improvements and actively participates in the implementation of new/improved programs, technology, new equipment, systems and resources that promote quality of care, safety and efficiency
- Identifies, prioritizes and selects alternative solutions to determine best outcome
- Maintains a high level of activity/productivity, meeting deadlines and appropriately prioritizing tasks to meet business demands
- Anticipates problems and attempts to solve before they develop
- The incumbent will be responsible for the general direction of staff member(s).
- Category III: Job does not involve exposure to blood, body fluids, non-intact skin or tissue specimens. Incumbent does not perform or help in emergency medical care or first aid as a part of his/her job.
- Level IV - Full Access Incumbents in this job may access any protected health information associated to a customer's needs, the service(s) rendered and the position's functions.
- This job operates in a hospital or office environment.
- Medium Work: Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Customer Service
- Team Leading
- Training And Development
- Customer Satisfaction
- Inventory Control
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2308324108
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.