You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Pa-c / Aprn- Inpatient App Dept.- Dayshift
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we come face-to-face with cancer every day, but we also see courage. And it inspires us to be the safest and best place for cancer care - to bring greater hope to every patient we serve. It's why we've been continually named One of the Top Places to Work in the Tampa Bay Area. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt is the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast and has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999. Because working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join a dedicated, diverse and inclusive team of over 7,000 to be a part of the Courageous future we envision.
SummaryPhysician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner - Procedural/First Assist - Reconstructive Oncology ProgramBased in the Reconstructive Oncology ProgramMcKinley Campus Procedural Physician AssistantNurse Practitioner Moffitt Medical Group (MMG)Position Highlights:
- Assists physicians with the Reconstructive surgical evaluation, management and treatment of the Oncology patient.
- Works within a defined scope of practice and under the authority of supervising physician(s) or by specific protocol(s).
- Scope includes both outpatient clinic and operating room responsibilities.
- Clinical professional who demonstrates a passion for our mission, and who takes pride in delivering world-class patient care in a collaborative, learning environment.
- The successful candidate will be a superior communicator, an engaged team member, and a knowledgeable, patient focused provider.
- Has experience in Plastic Surgery both in the operating room and in the outpatient clinic setting.
- Provides patient care as a member of an interdisciplinary team, working with many specialists to coordinate and optimize patient care.
- Correlates subjective and objective data to formulate a differential or working diagnosis.
- Formulates treatment plans for surgical conditions within scope of practice.
- Assists the Surgeon in the Operating Room
- Performs minor procedures and biopsy type procedures independently and within scope of practice.
- Prescribes oral and IV medications when appropriate, within the scope of practice.
- Documents patient care in accordance with medical staff rules.
- Bachelor's degree at minimum; master's degree preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited Advanced Registered Nurse or Physician Assistant program.
- Active FL medical license or the ability to obtain one) and certification by the appropriate accreditation body.
- Active BLS. ACLS preferred. (must be AHA approved)
- Experience in oncology or general surgery; Plastics related, microsurgery experience is a plus. Surgical assist experience strongly
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Moffitt endeavors to make moffitt.org/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact one of the Human Resources receptionists by phone at
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2308271353
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.