You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Pediatric Urgent Care Tech - Naperville, IL - Per Diem
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
As a healthcare organization, we believe that vaccination against COVID-19, and other diseases, is critical in protecting our people and our patients. As a matter of Company policy, all new and rehires are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment.
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
The Urgent Care Tech is responsible for all departmental functions aligned with the mission, vision, and goals of PM Pediatrics. The Urgent Care Tech role is an opportunity for a pediatric nurse to apply their skills in a pediatric urgent care setting and assist with primary patient care based on individual patient needs within their scope of practice under the physician's direct supervision. This position maintains effective working relationships with all customers, including patients/families, physicians, employees, volunteers, and vendors.
- Provide clinical and administrative support for providers, patients, and office operations
- Obtain medical history, patient vital signs, intake and prioritize patient care
- Perform procedures (venipuncture, IV insertion, urinary straight cath), administer medications (oral, rectal, IM, and IV), and assist the physician with total patient care within the scope of their practice
- Remain knowledgeable in pediatric pharmacology
- Be an integral part of the patient care team and assist with patient care within the scope of practice
- Ability to assist the physician with patient care, positioning, and comfort during the x-ray process
- Keep exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintain instruments, and prepare sterilization tools and equipment as required
- Practice common safety hazards and precautions
- Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies and promptly notifies RN and/or physician
- Establish effective rapport with clients, families, other employees, and physicians
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes to management team
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping patient care information confidential
- Updates job knowledge by participating in continuing education requirements and opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Enhances health care practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Assists patients with complaints and takes an active role in service recovery when needed
- Assist physician with a focus on efficiency metrics to improve urgent care flow and throughput (Arrival to Room, Arrival to Medication Administration, Disposition to Discharge, Discharge Length of Stay, etc.)
- EMT-P or NREMT-P or LP licensure or certification required
- Current Healthcare BLS Provider certification required
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) recommended
- Knowledge of medical practice and terminology
- Skill in identifying and resolving problems
- Knowledge of clinic's processes and procedures
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments
- Ability to use good reasoning and judgement and act calmly in emergency situations
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and nonverbally
- Possess the following qualifications: Energetic, Highly Motivated, Customer Service Focus, Positive Attitude, Confidentiality, Teamwork, and Professionalism
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
PM Pediatrics is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2308241331
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.