You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Embedded Software Engineer
Be on the forefront of a new ground-breaking technology. Ossia's flagship Cota® technology redefines wireless power by delivering remote, targeted energy to devices at a distance. Spearheaded by a team of highly experienced business leaders and specialized engineers, Ossia offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to build one of the most highly anticipated technologies of our time. Countless devices across the globe will one day use our safe and smart solutions. You will feel great about creating new and clean technology that helps people stay always on and always connected. Our employees are the key to our success and we are fortunate to have found some of the best and the brightest. There isn’t a more inspiring team to work with and no better time than now!
We are looking for an experienced Embedded Software Engineering professional to join our organization. In this position, you will participate in developing a software platform for the purposes of wireless power delivery. A keen attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and solid embedded programming and systems knowledge base are essential. This role will include hands-on C and modern C++ embedded programming on constrained hardware.
Embedded Software Engineer Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with the other Embedded Software engineers and Electrical/RF/Systems Test Engineers to write needed software
- Design and implement software on embedded CPUs with multiple OS such as embedded Linux and FreeRTOS
- Use compilers, debuggers revision control, and automated build systems
- Design/develop components of software platform for use by other developers to extend its capabilities and build custom applications/behavior on top
- Develop and release software using Agile methodology
- Write unit tests and support continuous integration and automated test methodology
- Provide technical guidance; support and educate team members and coworkers on software use
- Brainstorm for new ideas and ways to improvement product and processes
- Consult with peers for feedback during debug/testing stages
- Document and maintain design processes
- Follow all company best practices, procedures and safety rules
- An interest and experience in radio, wireless communications, and IoT
- Experience with both RTOS and embedded Linux development (Yocto)
- Understanding of communications protocols and theory at the PHY and MAC levels
- Familiarity with Python or similar scripting languages
- Experience with Agile workflow methodologies such as Scrum/Kanban etc.
- Experience and understanding of state-driven development methodology
- Experience in unit test development, test-driven development, test mocking
- Hands-on DevOps experience is a bonus - CI/CD, Jenkins, Docker, BitBucket,
Minimum requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, electrical engineering, software engineering, or related field
- Minimum 5 years experience in C & C++ development, and 4 years embedded code development
- Experience with driver development (SPI, I2C and GPIO ) and wireless infrastructure is highly desirable
- Knowledge of use of logic analyzers, oscilloscopes and other test tools to debug hardware and software
- Acquaintance with schematics, timing diagrams and other artifacts of embedded systems/hardware/software development
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Able to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift equipment up to 30 pounds or more
Ossia offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Comprehensive insurance plans including a PPO or a partially funded HSA option
- Ossia covers 90% of employee premiums and 50% of dependent premiums
- Generous time off plan including a flexible PTO plan available from your date of hire
- 401k and Roth Plans
- Stock option plans
- Free parking and flexible work environment
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2308226880
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.