You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Nurse Practitioner, PICU
The Pediatric Advanced Practice Provider (APP) will be working in a large Pediatric Intensive Care Unit at Children’s Health Dallas and Plano Campuses. The Pediatric APP will be responsible for the assessment, diagnosis, treatment, education, consultation, and care coordination as a first line provider to Trauma, Neurosurgery, Solid Organ Transplant, Medical, Surgical and ECMO patients and their families.
Scheduled Hours: Variable Shifts (including nights, weekends, and rotating holidays)
Why UT Southwestern
Join UT Southwestern on our mission to educate, discover, and heal. With over 75 years of excellence in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, we are committed to excellence, innovation, teamwork, and compassion. As a world-renowned medical and research center, the Department of Pediatrics strives to provide the best possible care and resources for the community. Named by U.S News & World Hospital as one of the nation’s best pediatric hospitals and #21 in the nation for Pulmonology, Children’s Medical Center Dallas and UT Southwestern Pediatric Group is dedicated to serving the needs of pediatric patients and conducting research to provide leading-edge care for the Dallas/Fort Worth community. We invite you to be a part of the UT Southwestern Advanced Practice Provider team where you’ll discover teamwork, professionalism, and consistent opportunities for growth.
Experience and Education
- Master's degree or higher in nursing, documentation of completion of accredited Advanced Practice Education Program. Graduate education and related Texas Board of Nursing authorization must be consistent with clinical practice area and patient population.
- Acute Care Certification required OR
- Graduate of a Master's degree or higher Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) accredited Physician Assistant program.
- One year of pediatric experience as an Advanced Practice Provider in PICU, ICU, or ER preferred.
- Licensure as Advanced Practice Registered Nurse by Texas State Board of Nursing. Authorization for prescriptive authority by the Texas Board of Nursing. OR
- Licensed by the Texas Physician Assistant Board. AND
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certified by the American Heart Association or Red Cross based on the UT Southwestern policy for Advanced Practice Providers.
- Conducts and documents comprehensive initial and ongoing physical examinations based on age and diagnosis, including psychological status.
- Synthesizes data and utilizes evidence to develop, implement, and evaluate the patient plan of care, including ordering and interpreting laboratory, radiology, and other diagnostic studies/results.
- Demonstrates proficiency in technical/procedural skills, as appropriate based on specialty and training.
- Provides relevant management, referrals, counseling, and education to patients, families and caregivers related to current care and preventive health measures.
- Facilitates/participates in quality related initiatives through planned group processes, workshops, seminars, and staff meetings, to improve clinical and system practice performance.
- Collaborates in research projects and protocols; and routinely applies evidence based best practices to patient care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities of Position
- Accuracy and ability to exercise considerable judgment.
- Ability to maintain current customer service, clinical, and technical skills.
- Ability to identify opportunities and provide suggestions for improvements in departmental policy, procedures, and protocols.
- Proficient use of EMR in the delivery of care
Work is performed primarily in a clinical environment. The incumbent may be exposed to body fluids and infectious diseases.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents in lieu of stated minimums require prior approval of Vice President for Human Resources Administration or his/her designee.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. As an equal opportunity employer, UT Southwestern prohibits unlawful discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or veteran status. To learn more, please visit: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Nurse Practitioner, PICU style='display: none; font-weight: bold;' hidden='hidden'>SDL2017
- Nursing Care
- Disease Management
- Intensive Care Unit
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Critical Care
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 9096_4250893660
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.