You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Clinical Documentation Auditor/Educator (Remote)
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryThe Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) Auditor Educator will facilitate improvement system-wide in the overall quality, completeness, and accuracy of the medical record documentation through extensive audit investigation, education and data analysis. The incumbent will be responsible for identification of patterns, trends, and opportunities for the entire CDI team, at all acute care facilities, to improve accuracy and outcomes. This position will also be responsible for assisting with large retrospective audits, at the request of hospital clients system-wide, and for educating physicians, if needed. The CDI Auditor reports to the Director as an individual contributor and provides recommendations on clinical documentation quality improvement and education programs.
Great Opportunity for Experienced Clinical Documentation & Integrity Professional Looking to Work Remotely!!!
Memorial Hermann now hiring for a remote Clinical Documentation Auditor/Educator in the following states:
- South Carolina
**Must reside in one of the above states to be considered**
Education: Bachelors Degree in clinical or coding discipline preferred
- Current RN licensure in the state of Texas; or
- CCDS certification through the Association of Clinical Documentation Specialist or
- AHIMA approved ICD-10 Certified Trainer preferred
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of CDS experience
- Previous CDIS auditing and education experience and/or CDIS supervisory/management background preferred
- Strong computer proficiency including working knowledge of MS Office- Word, Excel and Outlook and 3M Coding and Reimbursement software; experience with Cerner EMR preferred
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills are essential
- Strong organizational skills and must be detail oriented
- Highly analytical with strong risk assessment, impact analysis and problem solving skills
- Highly self-motivated, yet demonstrate ability to be a team player and take direction
- Flexible and able to multi-task and prioritize work load on a daily basis, performing concurrent chart reviews as needed
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Audits case reviews and queries of Clinical Documentation Specialists (CDIS) to ensure quality and compliance, using audit tools developed.
- Tracks, trends, and reports audit findings for each Clinical Documentation Specialist (CDIS), Hospital Region, and System-wide to Director/management team.
- Identifies knowledge gaps and provides clear explanations and interpretations on missing, unclear, conflicting, or non-compliant information captured by the CDIS.
- Researches, investigates and remains up to date on both clinical and coding guidelines in quarterly Coding Clinics as they relate to physician documentation improvement needed, in an ICD-10 coding environment.
- Assists in overall quality, timeliness and completeness of the quality health record to ensure appropriate data, provider communication, and quality outcomes. Serves as a resource for appropriate clinical documentation.
- Develops presentation material and provides training and education to physicians and CDIS staff as needed in an effort to strengthen documentation practices and ensure accurate coding that reflects the severity of illness (SOI) and risk of mortality (ROM) of patients they serve.
- Responsible for using audit tools to conduct clinical quality audits
- Develops and updates policies and procedures around the CDIS audit function; and refines audit tools as needed in collaboration with Director/management team.
- Collaborates with leadership to conduct focused post-discharge documentation and coding audits as requested by hospital clients system-wide.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Acute Care
- Computerized Physician Order Entry
- Utilization Management
- Registered Nurse
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2312310667
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.