You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Entry Level Tower Technician
Murphy Tower Service, LLC is one of the Midwest’s leading providers of wireless and wireline construction services. Each of our divisions – Murphy Tower Service, Murphy Network, Murphy Communications and Murphy Electric – offers high-quality, turnkey solutions, from site construction to final testing and maintenance. Our focus on safety, integrity, quality and expertise offers a level of professionalism unique to the industry. From underground foundation work to the top of the tower, Murphy Tower Service provides unmatched quality and comprehensive services for our customers. Our diversely skilled team and their commitment to exceeding our customers’ expectations helps us manage numerous single-site projects on short deadlines, always getting the job done right the first time.
About Murphy Tower Service:
As a family-owned and operated business, we treat every team member as one of our own. We offer competitive pay and comprehensive benefits for dedicated workers who want a long, successful career, not simply a job. While a spirit of adventure is in our DNA, safety is our number-one priority. We take extra care to make sure our people return home safely after a project, and even to spend weekends with their families – so we consider that when scheduling projects and crews. Simply put, Murphy employees are our greatest assets. We work hard to be a company that customers are proud to work with and employees are proud to work for. Whether the job requires travel or climbing to new heights, our team of tower technicians is ready to take on any challenge.
Employees can expect a unique company culture that includes:
• Weekends at home
• Competitive salary and top-tier benefits
• Promotion opportunities
• Continuing education and training through paid-to-learn programs
• Wellness programs covering physical, mental and financial health
A Tower Technician/Service Tech assists in the building, servicing and maintenance of each tower job as defined by the client’s scope of work and construction drawings under the direction of the Tower Crew Leader. This encompasses, but is not limited to, loading and unloading all job materials, maintaining all tools, trucks and equipment used by the tower crew, understanding the scope of work, working at heights and constructing the project per specifications in a timely manner. This is a climbing position.
- $21-$24/hr Starting Compensation for this entry-level position. No previous Tower Tech Experience required.
- ABLE TO PROVIDE INDIVIDUALS WITH 100% OF THE TRAINING AND CERTIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION.
- Looking for individuals who are available to start immediately! Candidates can start within 1-2 weeks of interviewing!
- Eligible for full-time benefits after 60 days. See specific benefits listed below.
- Review the scope of work and construction drawings with the Crew Leader.
- Assist in verifying that all materials for the project are taken to the job site.
- Verify that all of the tools, equipment and stocked supplies on your trailer are available and in working order.
- Check the oil & fluids of each truck & inspect each your job trailer(s) and each piece of equipment in your charge before use.
- Attend a daily tailgate meeting to address daily tasks and safety.
- Take direction from the Crew Leader to build the job following the scope of work/construction drawings.
- Report any deviations from the scope of work/construction drawings to the Crew Leader.
- Take pictures of final work and provide all turnover documentation to Murphy Tower Project Manager.
- Clean out truck(s) & trailer(s) after each job and put materials and equipment away.
- Report any safety concerns to the Crew Leader and/or Safety Coordinator.
- Travel locally, statewide and out of state. Overnight travel is often required based on tower location and scope of work.
- Pick up trash on site daily.
- Begin preparations for next job.
- Tower Crew Leader
- Previous experience in a construction/building trade or related field preferred.
- Ability to climb up a 300 feet tower routinely, with gear, and safely complete tasks.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of time, with typical overnight stays lasting Monday – Friday, sometimes longer (infrequently), and work/stay out of state.
- Ability to follow instructions/protocols/processes.
- Familiarity with proper truck/trailer/equipment maintenance.
- Strong organizational skills and construction related aptitude including ability to interpret construction drawings.
- Strong commitment to safety.
- Comfortable working at heights
- Able to work in extreme weather conditions such as heat, cold and strong winds.
- Medical (Great medical insurance including family and dependent care plans!)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Short and Long term disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Seven paid holidays
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- Potential Performance Bonuses
- Annual Clothing Allowance
- Optical Fiber
- Alarm Devices
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)
- Test Equipment
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MzExMzo1NzUwMDktMTA3NTQ0MQ
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.